Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Aldi all about your favourite Easter dishes: £200 Aldi voucher up for grabs!

Replies

• I like to make a large round carrot cake, then carve out an egg-shape section, cover it on the top and sides with with soft fondant icing in peaks and arrnage some mini-eggs on the top to give a lovely-looking and lovely-tasting Easter cake that is appreciated by the whole family.
  • I love making hot cross buns bread and butter pudding, family favourite 💖
  • Hot cross buns with butter and jam
  • My grandmums sponge cake is my fav easter meal!! She bakes the best buttercream 😍
  • Definitely a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings!
  • You cant beat a lovely joint me topside beef and Chrissy chrispy potatos
  • We love my birds nest cakes that I make at Easter 
  • we are pretty traditional really- it has to be roast lamb and roasted veg including courgette! LOVE hot cross buns so get through plenty of these, am really interested in the idea of making bread pudding with hot cross buns that are going past their best (if any are left long enough around our hungry tribe)!
  • I love home made hot cross buns, just with butter and a cup of tea.
  • Roast lamb :)
  • Lamb roast dinner followed by homemade Easter cake ( I use creme eggs in this too!)
  • I always make a big fish pie for Good Friday.  I buy mixed fish pieces to which I add fresh prawns and chopped fresh parsley.
    Place in an oven proof dish  with enough white sauce to moisten well (make your own or buy a carton).  
    Place some potatoes mashed with butter on the top and bake in the oven for 30 mins at 160 centigrade. - delicious!
    All ingredients are available at ALDI.
  • Roast lamb, followed by Easter Sunday Sundae (chocolate egg filled with ice cream, sauce, and mini eggs) yum yum.
  • After we've spent the day Easter egg hunting, we love to come home and slow cook a gorgeous leg of lamb. Add lots of garlic (better make sure we have no important meetings set up in the morning though!) and various spices from our cupboard! We then set about adding some vegetables and potatoes and get them all roasted too! The smell is just divine!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Whilst we wait, we have lots of fun making chocolate cornflake cakes (you know the ones that crumble everywhere as soon as you take a bite...and you always save the little Chocolate egg at the top to eat last!) Guaranteed to have a lovely chocolately time with this one!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             If we can find the space later, we may have another cheeky nibble of another Easter Egg and well why not, a hot cross bun! :)                                                                                                                                                                                                     If I win I think I may treat myself and try making your Toasted Almond Choctail! Sounds like the perfect end to my perfect Easter! :)
  • It might sound a bit obviously but I love a roast Lamb dinner with mint sauce, roast potatoes and all the trimmings. I love the taste but also I love the fact that even my children enjoy eating it! Happy Easter all. x
  • Wow favourite Easter menu? that's a tough one!

Firstly- There's nothing better than a cute little spread to pick-at throughout the day (whilst our little ones go on an Easter hunt). Sliced baguette with a variety of spreads for sides and fresh fruit.  :p Yummy!  :p

Secondly- Of course, a plate full of delicious chicken roast. Packed with veg, roast potatoes, Yorkshires, stuffing and gravy! (This is making me hungry just discussing it)

Lastly- Once there's room for desert Cheesecake will be on the top of my list! Whilst yogurts will be on the top of both my daughters lists.

• Roast lamb dinner of course
  • My favourite Easter dish is a very traditional roast lamb with all the trimmings, followed by a home made Simnel cake. 
  • Ripe berries, rich cream and a dusting of sugar are a gorgeous way to dress up those weekend waffles. This is what my kids love for brunch.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions