Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell Aldi your tips that won’t break the bank for keeping kids busy this summer: win a £200 voucher

1789101113»

Replies

• Get outdoors; to the park, beach, national treasure sites
  • Cut up old magazines to make activity books - spelling challenges - recipes - eye spy - reading words. And have a pocket at the back to collect mementos from the holidays
  • Take advantage of local parks and countryside! Play in the park, have a nice walk, sit by the river and let the kids throw stones in and look for 'special' stones. Go to the beach, it is free! Just take lots of food and drinks with you :)
  • I have a 4yr old and 6yr old, we live in the middle of no where and I don't drive. No public transport. We have a great time with nature and the great outdoors! Who needs expensive days out and holidays when we have gardens/parks/fields/beaches to explore and get some fresh air??? All my dds friends are off on holidays, parents in debt to pay for it and we will be picnicking, movie days/paddling in pools, crafting and exploring. What kids haven't had they won't want!! Simple pleasures in life! Happy holidays.... 
  • There are so many playparks and country parks that they will love exploring, all for free. Weather permitting.
  • We will be making some cakes and some pastries to take to the park and have with our friends and dogs too. A paddling pool we cleaned and kept from last year will be making lots of appearances this summer if we get the good weather. Will also be making lots of different style ice lollies with our lolly moulds to keep kids cool and entertained, using yoghurt with fruit as well as cordial and fizzy drinks. Should be fun :)
  • I use social media and websites to find what's going on for free in my local area to go and visit/do, over the summer there can be quite a lot of free things going on. Also, I love in a village so there's a canal and wood, so we go and walk the fields and make up games on the wood, its easy to create games when there's so much amazing countryside in this area. The other thing is to keep things like empty bottles, toilet roll tubes, e.g. boxes etc and get them doing creative, messy stuff. 
  • We’re have themed lunches.  We walk to the local parks,  or other green spaces, with our picnics.  One day it may be pizza & pop.  Another day it may be colour themed: green or red so plenty of apples,  salad etc.  The kids choose the colour then we go to Aldi & find foods that match for our meals. Makes food fun,  combined with fresh air & exercise it’s free fun!!
  • Hello, I have invested in a family railcard, as these come with additional offers for attractions all over the UK, and what kid does not love a train journey? The local leisure centre has an offer for free kids swimming, I checked our local council's website for free and cheap ideas and was surprised at how much is on there, nature trails, community litter-picks, we've done them before, and made great mates, me and the kids. Fruit picking is a popular favourite, just don't wear white! 
  • We are lucky enough to live a short drive away from a fab open air museum where you pay once then its free for the rest of the year.  There is always plenty to see and do and there are great places to have a picnic there.
  • We love baking cakes, and learning how to measure and timing to cook, we also love craft things, making things from leftover recycling products
  • Travel up to South Kensington and visit all the fabulous museums there. They are free and will keep everyone entertained for days! 
  • Thank you all for entering this sponsored discussion. It is now closed, so we're going to close this thread, but we will reopen it soon to post the name of the winner. 
  • Hi everyone, thank you all for entering this sponsored discussion. 
    The winner of the £200 Aldi voucher is @Chilledout
    We'll be in touch soon about your prize. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions