Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell Aldi your tips that won’t break the bank for keeping kids busy this summer: win a £200 voucher

Replies

• Visit all the local parks in your area.  Also messy play with cornflower and water is good fun. 
  • Going to the park with a packed lunch
  • We have lots of trips to the beach planned, we have a holiday to my parents. We're also going to go to the cinema, we bought some new multilayer computer games for the family to play. We are going to bake cupcakes and my sister has given me lots of art supplies. We've also picked up a couple of new board games in the past few months which we can get out too! 
  • The best time to shop at Aldi is just before the schools come out. No unruly or screaming kids, it is Paradise 
  • we're quite a crafty family so we paint and craft a lot. Also going for a walk and seeing summer scenery and nature is always nice. 
  • Picnic if the weather's fine. It can just be in the garden, and you can bake things to eat too. Involve everyone in getting the food ready & making the sandwiches.
  • Bit of a cheat this year, we bought a hot tub and they practically live in it !
  • I always check out local library's and museums, ours has on fun days that are free and they run making sessions for a nominal fee a couple of times a week too.
    Local towns usually have on a trail run by local councils, and parks do activities for kids usually free or again a small fee. Plus parks are great anyway, take a picnic.
    The national trust are good value too as once you have the ticket you can visit as many stately homes as you wish and again they have trails for kids etc.
  • simple things that dont cost too much , so visits to the park if the weather is nice , craft sessions if its a rainy day. We  have picnics , bug hunting and the occassional day trip to the zoo / farm if we have enough money
  • We are fortunate enough to have a good selection of free museums and galleries which are not too far away. 
    Days out at the beach, and walking/biking in the countryside are also good.
  • I search online for free things to do- library, aquatics centre, walk in the park
  • We are going to be creating our own Top Trumps game! I've also used discount websites to buy crafts and activities for us to do. 
  • Going out for cycle rides and taking a picnic. Gives the kids plenty of fresh air and exercise.
  • We rediscover old skool things like the dusty skateboards and roller skates in the garage, visiting the library, meeting friends for a picnic on a blanket and making sandcastles.
  • We love camping out in the back garden and imagining we are explorers
  • Having had hard times in the past.......... making dens in the garden, the park.... walking in the woods collecting bugs and sticks, homemade lunchboxes and trips to the park, painting with spuds! and joining in with the children, have fun !
  • We love being outdoors and upcycling.  We have recently found little hedgehogs are visiting our garden.  We have already made one little house for them, out of scrap materials we had at home.  During the summer we are going to make another house.  The boys have decorated the house themselves and we have lots of fun going to parks and woodlands to find fir cones and leaves to decorate.  Also, we have found some large branch logs that we are going to be crafting with to make garden decorations ready for Christmas and Halloween.  The cost is nothing, just time and fun finding materials.  I like teaching the boys to care for garden wildlife, they enjoy being outdoors too.
  • There are loads of local pages on facebook that are organising activities for kids which are either free or really cheap and I have signed up to quite a few of them in hopes of keeping them occupied. 
  • I find a lovely trip to the coast is often the cheapest trip out.  The sea is entertaining for them and making a little picnic is cheap. 
  • Well first thing is first - i let them have a lie in - then let them watch a bit of telly as they are having their breakfast - then its dressed - and activities - like if its raining we make a den in the lounge - nice weather we make it in the garden - plenty of picnics - try to visit local parks 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions