Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell LighterLife the sh-don’t-tell-anyone eating habits you picked up since having kids: £200 to win

Replies

• Buying sweet & savoury foods on the pretence that they’re for the kids.  Nibbling their leftovers which I know is naughty, but nice.  Opening biscuits ‘in case they want something sweet after their tea’ they rarely do unlike me :-(
  • Telling them there are no more chocolate biscuits left and hiding them where they can't find them out of sight and height, to eat later!
  • I have developed a taste for Farleys Rusks with my morning coffee
  • I think like everyone eating chocolate or sweets in secret haha. I love eating the yogurt raisins and kinder chocolate that's for children. I'm really bad at eating leftovers from them but that's not really a secret. 
  • We have three kids very close in age, we have a whole arsenal of healthy snacks for after school hunger and always do hearty, healthy dinners but the second kids finally go to sleep, the snacks come out as me and my husband binge on Netflix :D 
  • I think mine is getting creative with hiding places! The back of the salad drawer is a good place to stash an emergency chocolate bar or two! X
  • Baby rusks! Even though the youngest is now 2, I still buy them...for me! 
  • My 'shh don't tell anyone" eating habit I have picked up since having my son is definitely eating his leftovers! This usually means i'll eat my own meal then a good portion of his leftovers (very fussy eater, has a favourite food one day then hates it the next). I'll also admit to having smiley faces, chicken dippers and veg along with him occasionally to save on the washing up.
  • Definitely eating any leftovers especially chicken nuggets and I prob add ketchup to more meals than I used to. Those sneaky little calories
  • Oh I’ve definitely picked up some bad habits since my daughter was born. Depending on what I cook ( I’m usually ok if I cook for all of us at the same time) but if I make her dippers / simple oven food, I usually put an extra dipper or fish in too so I can eat it 😳 if she leaves any food I’m picking at it... I’d probably say I consume an extra 200 cals a day now, when she snacks in the day, I snack with her, it’s absolutely terrible! I’m definitely over a stone heavier than I used to be.... send help! Lol 
  • Hide treats in our wall cupboards where little ones can’t reach. Anything they leave on their plates my fingers automatically pick up and pop it in my mouth without even thinking. I try to open sweet wrappers so quietly but usually even if they’re in the other room their ears hear and they run it to ask for one of MY TREATS!
  • I fins myself scoffing the fruit snacks (Yoyos especially) and thinking they don't count as they're for kids.  Of course I'm always finishing up the bits of meals they don't eat and scoff far too much junk food because I'm always after that quick sugar boost to keep me going!
  • My habit or should I say my and my daughter is so bad she will have chicken but I have to suck all the flavours often she will eat it 
  • When im making the kids dinner i always throw in a few extra chips or chicken nuggets so i have something to munch on while they're eating theirs. On top of this i finish off their leftovers 😣
  • I have a terrible habit of eating straight from the fridge with the fridge door open so the kids cant see me, partly so they dont ask for what i am having and partly because im always in such a rush i dont have time to sit and eat. Its is a terrible habit.
  • Guilty of taking the kids for a treat at local cafe because I want something yummy!!
  • Oh dear this is gonna sound bad, my kids dont like my 'skinny' (low fat, no salt) crisps, so when I want a tastier crisp I empty the 'skinny' crisps out and fill the pack with my favorite smokey bacon, and then munch away in front of them. They dont even ask for them lol
  • I only eat food that can be easy picked up by a fork without spilling so no spaghetti or beans for me! Nothing sloppy whilst I'm feeding the 5 month old. I also am known to eat tea with the kids then get a takeaway later on and tell the kids the takeaway boxes were from ages ago haha
  • My sh-don’t-tell-anyone guilty eating habit is eating buttered toast late at night when everyone else in the family is asleep in bed. I know it's really bad because it'll just pile on the pounds but somehow if no-one sees me eating, the calories are not counted either! Completely illogical but temptingly delicious.
  • I am very guilty of eating my sons leftovers and my waistline is showing the evidence. I really need to get it under control but find it so hard to find any willpower.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions