Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell LighterLife the sh-don’t-tell-anyone eating habits you picked up since having kids: £200 to win

Replies

• it’s terrible really but I often cook more than the kids can eat just so I can eat their leftovers! 
  • Snacking all through the day, just like the kids do
  • I usually have 2 mugs, one with coffee in and the other with biscuits in. I sneak a bite of biscuit when the kids aren't looking and hide it back in the mug. Not sure how much longer I'm going to get away with it though! 
  • Mine is eating the kids left overs on there plates. I'm sure a lot of us mums can relate to doing this. I hate seeing food go to waste
  • Mine is eating chocolate in the toilet
  • Omg there are too many to list lol. I regularly pinch food of the kids plates as I’m dishing up, and/or finishing off what they’ve left. I have been caught in the act many times, the most cringeworthy was when we had parents in law over for dinner and mother in law walked in the kitchen just as I’d shoved a fish finger off my daughters plate in my mouth. I was that embarrassed but she started laughing which made it worse because I couldn’t swallow quick enough and nearly choked on the fish finger!! 😂😂😂 totally mortifying.
  • I can’t believe I’m admitting this but I have (ashamedly on more that one occasion) apon finding out there is no milk left, picked out the soggy cornflakes and siphoned the warm and slightly sweet milk from the bottom of my daughters cereal bowl for my morning coffee....

Nothing gets between me and my morning coffee!!! 
  • It's a weird one.. but if I am having a meal I have to have a bit of every item of food on my fork at once in order to eat my dinner... Every single time. It got to the point of me calculating the ratios of every item so that my fork would always have a bit of each of them on it right until I've finished.. I do it automatically now and haven't realised how strange that is now until I've just typed it out.. 🙈🙈
  • The main change has been how much of their fare I end up eating when they won't. I never had these 'made for toddler' foods when I was little and they're really good.
  • I eat biscuits in the pantry so my daughter won’t see me and ask for one! 
  • I have chocolate in the bathroom cabinet for behind closed doors emergencies 😂 I'm going to have to find a new hidey hole when they get older/taller.
  • I hide certain chocolates and biscuits and have resorted to eating them in secret, I've even sneaked into the loo to gorge on the good stuff without the kids seeing
  • My kids love avocado and banana - when I tried it I loved it too!
  • This is a difficult one for me as I have so many! And a really weight related life both me & my hubby! But my main problem is secret eating! Eating something every time I go to the fridge! Buying a chocolate bar every time I go to the shop. All of these with nobody else around. I don’t even think about it I just do it then kick myself after! 
  • Sadly since having my boys i have picked up so many bad eating habits 🙊 (1) when the boys were toddlers i would make extra, picking at it whilst lifting then eating their left overs before making my own dinner. (2) skipping breakfast so i have time to do some housework before going to work/trying to get an extra 30 mins sleep. (3) now the boys are older i find myself skipping meals completely as their clubs and activities take up my whole evening after working all day. 
  • Having spent many a meal time trying to encourage 'happy food' the with the children I now seem to be obsessed with making food into different patterns/faces/pictures for me! So my lunch becomes a smiling face and my tea becomes an artistic masterpiece and somehow I seem to enjoy it more!
  • Eatting food as I cook and then eatting the food the kids didn't eat .
  • I think my worst habit is finishing the kids leftovers. And also eating rubbish, easy fast snacks when I don't have enough time for something proper. 
  • I buy treats for the kids and then eat them myself once they are in bed 
  • My worst habit is not eating a proper meal myself but finishing off anything that my children leave! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions