Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Share great stories about your dog and what they mean to your family: £200 voucher courtesy, Winalot

Replies

• Jen2019Jen2019 Regular
    edited Oct 22, 2019 11:17AM
    Archie was a "discount labrador dog" just like the movie marley and me. He was one of two puppies left in the litter hence the discounted price! We fell in love when we saw him and the day we brought him home he walked through the front door, vomited on the laminate flooring and then proceeded to eat it up! It was funny and disgusting at the same time. He  is now 7 and continues that theme! Finding the dirtiest muddiest puddles and jumping into any lake or stream is his most joyous thing! He is very gentle with our baby and he means the world to us and we mean the world to him. He brings laughter into our home and teaches us patience, unconditional love and loyalty.
  • Our timid Westie was 9 years old when we adopted our boys -  as she wasn’t used to small ( noisy) children we were seriously worried at how she would cope - nearly 3 years later and she has been amazing, she sees them as her puppies to be looked after and loved. She comes in each night to listen to story time, having chased them around the house when she thinks it’s time to get their teeth clean. When I come home without them after dropping them off to school she goes round the car looking for them considering me a bad mum as I have obviously lost her “puppies”. The mutual love between our boys and our dog is amazing and beautiful to see and warms my heart every day 
  • Lottie is tiny - a Chihuahua/Yorkie cross, but she has a huge personality and brings so  much joy to our lives. She's very smart, and lets me know any time she wants something, but she deserves lots of love and treats, as she's such great company. My Mum has dementia and Lottie makes such a fuss of her and makes her laugh at her antics!
  • Our Jack Russell Daisy is as important as every other family member, she is so smart and funny and treats us all with so much love that we couldn't have it any other way. Plus she has always adored my daughter Sophie since the day we brought her home from hospital, we'd be lost without her
  • I used to have a chocolate Labrador called Rocky, who had been trained from when we very first got him that he was never to go upstairs in the house. In 10 years, I had never once seen him climb up the stairs after we had trained him not to. 
    One day, my dad had walked out on our family and myself, my mum and my sister were all sat on my bed in my bedroom crying. It was as though Rocky sensed it, and somehow overrode his training to never go upstairs, came into my bedroom and got onto the bed and cuddled with us. It was such a heartfelt moment, that truly shows how wonderful and caring dogs are. 
  • Pep our poodle, always knows if someone is poorly. She will snuggle up to them giving that much needed reassurance and unconditional love.
  • Maxi (or as I called her moo) was my best friend. She saw me through a bad break up, giving me lots of affection and attention when I was low. She was also a funny character who loved doing bully runs outside the bathroom, then bombing through the door jumping on me in the bath then running off! When she passed away I was destroyed as my best friend that I saw absolutely everyday was gone. I can see me having another dog but not for a long time and it will never be my Maxi Moo. 
  • We lost our dog a few years ago but she was such a part of the family. Even on a walk in the forest today we were talking about what honey would have been up to. My husband found it very hard when we had to have her put down (as did we all) and can't face having another dog at the moment.
  • My dog means the world to me.  I went through a rough patch nearly 2 years ago and had to place my dog in foster care with the dogs trust.  Its was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever had to do.  They sent updates and photos each month and stayed in contact but both me and my daughter missed him more than anything.  It took 17 months to finally get him back home with us and make our family complete again and we couldn't of been more happy than we were.  The moment he saw us again he went crazy, I was so worried he would hate me for being away from him for so long but it was perfect and its so nice to have my boy back home <3<3  He is always there to look after and protect us and we couldn't ask for a better family member xxx

• Our family dog is a Golden Retriever called Izzy, she's unbelievably stupid but thats all part of her charm! Shes a big fan of having a huge drink of water and then coming and laying her head in your lap, wet groin anyone!?
  • Our rescue dog, Maggie, has become a firm member of our family. Maggie is loving, loyal and loads of fun. She makes me smile everyday and is my best friend and companion. I have a long term health condition and when I am having a bad day, Maggie never leaves my side. She loves playing with her ball, having cuddles and going for walks. We would never consider going on holiday without her, so when we go away, Maggie, always comes with us. She absolutely loves the beach, paddling in the sea and eating loads of seaweed. Adopting Maggie 10 years ago was the best decision we have ever made 
  • my dog Lola has always been amazing she protects the kids and since being diagnosed with breast cancer she has never left my side it's like she knows i need her more than ever she really brings something special to our family I don't know what we would do without her 

• Our little Fleazy- named so because he forever chases foxes and thus gets himself infested with fleas! Not pleasant to pick off one by one but we love him nonetheless!
  • My boyfriend loves his dog Judy. He's had her since childhood and trainer her since she was a puppy. He's had a lot of change in his life over the years, but Judy has remained constant and loyal. I think there is a lot to be said for having a pet that you can care for and love, especially when life gets difficult!
  • Our lovely dog Ozzy is a huge part of our family. The children adore him and enjoy walking him and brushing him. They think he's so clever when he does tricks for treats. Ozzy makes our family complete. 
  • Our gorgeous boy Oakley is a 3 year old Springer Spaniel. He is crackers but completely dependable. My Husband suffered a brain injury 8 years ago, and has seizures because of it. Oakley helps me look after him and has alerted me to a seizure before. 
  • This is L'il Arthur, he is a Cava-Inu (half Cavalier King Charles, half Shiba Inu) and he was the runt of the litter. Mum couldn't feed him very well as he had a problem with the roof of his mouth, and was unable to suck properly, so it took hours of hand feeding with a special teat, and lots of extra cuddles to get this one to full strength. Now he is a huge member of the family, a typical lad, noisy, muddy, smelly, but so SO loved!!! 
  • We rescued our greyhounds Darwin and Luna last January. They have become such an integral part of our family and my saviour for the last 2 months as I have been off work sick with severe depression. They keep me sane, give me so much comfort are great company and are my reason to get up and out every day.

• We have a little shih-tzu named Dolcie. It's nothing but fun having a dog like Dolc, she's so happy all the time - my favourite thing in the world is how excited she is when I come back from anywhere, she's there waiting at the door; I can just nip out to the wheelie bin & when I come back she's running in circles haha! 
  • Our gorgeous dog has really brought our family closer together & made us all more active
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions