Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Bronchostop Junior the little things you do to soothe your poorly child: win £200 voucher

Replies

• tea with honey, and favourite films
  • we love to cuddle in the heated throw blanket, with lots of good movies to watch. dosed up on either calpol or bronchostop! my boy suffers from bronchilitus so it helps alot!
  • Lots of cuddles and films on the sofa. Lots of liquids.
  • My youngest Daughter loves to sleep on my belly when she’s not at her best. Lots of cuddles, hair stroking and singing of lullabies normally work a treat! 
  • Cuddles and a diffuser with a nice piney smell - keeps the tubes clear enabling that all important sleep.
  • A nice, warm, lavender bath, clears their airways and comforts them before bed.
  • A nice cuddle and she loves her back being tickled which is a great distractor
  • Prop them up on pillows when in bed, lots of fluids and loads of cuddles!
  • When my kiddies get poorly I go on complete 100% relaxed mum, house work can wait, cuddles are needed! I tiggle their backs, give them ice lollies and lots of cuddles keeps them happy. When they need to go to sleep I sing to them, one of their favourites is take me back to the black hills from seven brothers and seven brides. My mum use to sign to me and my sisters when we where poorly. The final think I do its snuffle baby on there feet and put vapors steam, I put snuffle baby in a jug and poor over some hot water and stick it somewhere in there room completely out of reach.
  • Cuddles, wrapped up on the sofa, watching tv and for some reason my Mum used to give me lemonade when I didnt feel well, so now I always ask my children if they want some lemonade!  
  • My little girl is 3 now but has always been susceptible to coughs and colds. I always give some cough/cold medicine which obviously helps because now that she's 3 she actively asks for it when she has a really bad cough. I then follow that up with a warm drink of milk or hot chocolate and just lay her down to relax. I undertook baby massage classes when she was tiny and still use some of the techniques I learnt to this day (even on my 9 year old too!) and it works wonders in getting her to relax. During the night, I keep a close eye on her too and keep her head and shoulders slightly more elevated...this helps provide her with a more comfortable sleep.
  • Lots of tea and water, and having a warm shower before bedtime usually help a lot to ease coughing
  • Something that’s stuck with me from when I was a child is something that my mum used to do for me when I was little, and now I do it with my two little ones! First off we have some Broncostop if they’re coughing because it really alleviates the symptoms. Then we get in a clean pair of pjs, get the duvet down off mama’s bed, snuggle up on the sofa and have hot chocolate, marshmallows and we make little mini pizzas to snack on. We like to put the animated version of the gruffalo on now too because it’s such a feel good little programme and not too long so hopefully the full belly and medicine sends them off for a snooze :) 
  • Back scratches, hot water bottle and a favourite movie
  • Cuddles and reading her favourite books, as well as listening to some classical music 
  • Honey and lemon hot drink, cuddles and raised up with several pillows at bedtime
  • When my children are suffering from a dry cough I make up a small cup of tea (very weak)  1 tsp of honey and a grating of ginger light squeeze of lemon for flavour and it works a treat.
     I make a curry with plenty of turmeric in or a lentil and turmeric soup as the turmeric works as an anti inflammatory. however sometimes the children don't feel all that hungry when their not well so I once found a mix that works just as well 
    put 1 tsp of turmeric in warm milk and a drop of honey to make it taste better.

If they have a stuffy nose i always have them sit in the bathroom have the shower on hot to steam the room i place a pinch of menthol crystals in the bath and it helps  open the nasal passages.

Of course they have to have cuddles on the couch whilst binge watching childrens programms and a suck on a boiled sweet.

• When my son has a bad cough and is feeling under the weather I gently pat his back, give him a cuddle and some warm milk with a nice biscuit. Always makes him feel better! 
  • All rules broken, all treats allowed, maximum entertainment distraction without which coughing can become a pattern. And they can blame their siblings for everything.
  • Sorry but I don't have any kids myself and I don't know if I'm entitled to enter this comp but I'll share my advice or suggestion anyway if it will help somebody struggling. If I did have kids I'd give Vics vapour to rub on the chest  and below/ under the nose. It helps with breathing generally and especially if you suffer from asthma it helps dramatically. As a kid growing up I had asthma where I sometimes was wheezing and had difficulty breathing. If it got really bad then I'd have to have a nebulizer issued by either the doctor @ surgery or in hospital rather than using the pumps. I had a blue pump which was a reducer/ reliever and a brown one which was a preventer. One helped/ assisted in reducing wheezing and the other stopped it. But with asthma attacks you have to have a nebulizer mask for oxygen to be administered as the pumps alone isn't enough. Using Vic's really is a God-send and I'd highly recommend using it before bed time.  The thing that's good about this is that it caters both kids and adults of all ages. Be careful to read the instructions,  due to the fact children and the elderly have weaker immune systems they only need a small doseage. I have mine at Lloyds Pharmacy in Haverfordwest where staff there are fantastic but it is available in all pharmacies. If you have difficulty finding ask the staff in the pharmacy or go to the pharmacy section in Tesco. Sometimes they are out but Tesco is considered the main supermarket, nobody has not heard or visited there. They always have plenty available so if it's not on display it would be safely stored behind the counter. Even if you don't have asthma it's still incredibly beneficial as it helps breathing whether you have it or not. It helps with all sorts including blocked nose, relaxation etc

Thank in reading,

Paul Jenkins

X
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions