Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Bronchostop Junior the little things you do to soothe your poorly child: win £200 voucher

Replies

• Options
    A blanket and a hot warm bottle. We switch the lights off in the bedroom and watch the light projector stars dance round the walls to help them drift off to sleep.
  • Options
    When my son has the cold he likes being kept warm under the duvet watching programmes on the iPad and making his pillow a bit higher at night to stop him coughing.  Also giving him a bit of vicks vapour rub at night helps with a blocked nose when sleeping.
  • Options
    Cuddles and plenty of things to distract them
  • Options
    A bit of lemon and honey, a big warm blanket and some Vicks
  • Options
    A glass of whisky usually helps
  • Options
    Vick vapour rub, loads of cuddles / fluids and some cartoons! 
  • Options
    Lots of cuddles with a blanking and favourite sookie on the sofa watching a good Disney movie. Also endless ice poles to soothe the throat and also helps to cool a fever along with calpol, and vicks for the stuffy nose.
  • Options
    Lots of cuddles and chat. Spending time together playing with favourite toys or watching cartoons. Ice cream for a sore throat. Cool flannel for head if feeling hot. Nice hot bath with clean, fresh pyjamas and a story tape at bedtime which we listen to together.
  • Options
    Putting a bowl of water on a radiator or sitting in a steamy bathroom with them.
  • Options
    Cuddles, back tickles , duggee and ice cream to help my little man feel better 
  • Options
    Warm cuddles and a bit of vaporub on the chest always helps my daughter, she gets super clingy and just wants to sit and cuddle all day
  • Options
    We usually have a sofa day with warm blankets, good movies and snacks. At night I use snuffle babes on their chest and feet and prop the pillow end of the bed up to help them breathe a bit better. Our Labrador always knows when thy boys are poorly and loves to snuggle up with them to help them feel better. 
  • Options
    My little girl loves the bottom of her back being rubbed with the palm of my hand she falls asleep to it when she isn’t feeling well 
  • Options
    Lots of snuggles, back/ hair rubs and a disney movie and plenty of fluids. 
  • Options
    My son loves a story so I'll read to him or we will enjoy making up our own stories.
  • Options
    If our son has a cough we give him a spoonful of Manuka honey every day (obviously not suitable for children under 12 months!). Cuddles are the best medicine if they aren't feeling well, so we will snuggle up on the sofa and watch a film.
  • Options
    Lots and lots of cuddles and Calpol.... 🤪 
  • Options
    • Lots and Lots of cuddles, milky tea and then a disney film to watch this seems to settle mine xx
  • Options
    edited Nov 8, 2019 12:44PM
    I find distraction works. I let my kids play on my tablet which they don't normally do. Putting CBeebies games on it or downloading a game. 
  • Options
    A hot water bottle to cuddle always works
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions