Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Bronchostop Junior the little things you do to soothe your poorly child: win £200 voucher

Replies

• I snuggle her up in her favourite blanky, make her a hot lemonade with a good spoonful of honey and give pain relief as and when needed
  • My little girl who is 6 wants to snuggle on the sofa and I tell her about my childhood,  she loves me telling her how I cuddled with nonna (her nan)on sofa whilst nonna made warm lemon water with fresh lemons.  My little girl loves it. It works a treat with coughs, sore throat etc. I read stories to her as well. 
  • I use vic vaporub comfortable clothes bck rubs and warm milk to settle them down
  • I read funny poems out loud
  • Blankets, cuddles, films, black currant and honey drinks
  • We had this earlier in the week, I had to keep my son off school as his chest was so bad. I rubbed Vicks on his chest and gave him some cough medicine and plenty of water (he guzzles water anyway as he loves it, so he was kept well hydrated). Layed him on the sofa with a blanket and his favourite teddy and let him play on the PS4 in the afternoon once he had perked up - that certainly cheered him up!
  • my daughter loves it when i stroke her hair and hum a tune
  • Cuddles in front of some good tv and comfort food like shepherds pie
  • pj's, duvet, tv, and a little bell so i can tend to their every need!
  • I rub vapour rub on my little ones chest and we have lots of cuddles. 
  • The best thing for a poorly child is love, cuddles, affection and something to distract them from feeling so awful: Favourite tv or films, or toys and games for example.
  • I pander to them and let them watch TV, have hot chocolate, lots of cuddles etc xx
  • A humidifier and lots of cuddles. 
  • Cuddles and tickling always seems to put my little girl at ease. Especially getting her to sleep!
  • A nice bath with a menthol bubble bath, vicks vapour rub on feet then socks, calpol/ibuprofen and a cuddle.
  • I get my son snuggled up in warm blankets or under a throw on the sofa, make him a nice hot chocolate (or a bowl of icecream if he has a sore throat that needs soothing), and put on a movie or something feelgood to watch together, nothing too heavy so that he can drop off easily if he wants to.
  • Cannot beat honey and lemon drink.  Better than cough medicine.  Then a little eucalyptus on the pillow.  
  • water with lemon and honey, and i make garlic bread- garlic kill all bacteria. Plus we watch some fun movies:)
  • I have 2 children, my little boy suffers from coughs quite a lot of the time. We sometimes use cough medicine but the best thing that works for him is to just ride it out. Sometimes his blankets give him more comfort that cough medicine :)
  • Favourite Tv programmes on a loop seems to help, sadly
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions