Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Share with Aunt Bessie’s what makes your Christmas dinner the best and why: £200 Amazon prize!

Replies

• For me its not the taste of the food; as in that I probably would be a loser but rather the company and atmosphere which means it all great
  • My house is a mix of nationalities so I cook with a slant to please everyone in one way or another, after all it's Christmas...but Aunt Bessie's roast potatoes cannot be left aside, it is a must even if I changed my mind and decide to make an exotic throw. They give reassurance IT IS a Christmas dinner.
  • Our Christmas dinner is the best because it brings everyone together over a delicious roast. We go traditional - turkey with all the trimmings. 
  • Our christmas dinner is a joint effort as there is 15 to feed. My Mums stuffing is the ultimate icing on the cake though , she hasn't yet told us her secret but it is amazing !!
  • the gravy always completes the meal
  • My Grandma's stuffing. I don't know what she puts in it as she won't reveal her secret recipe. But it tastes so delicious and it's something we all look forward to each year. Christmas dinner wouldn't be the same without it!
  • Roast potatoes - part boil shake in the pan, hot boil and shake every so often as they cook - you could crack a tooth on them!
  • I serve up a tradional dinner with turkey, roast and mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, brussels, home made stuffing, pigs in blankets and yorkies with gravy and bread sauce. Mine is the best because of my home made stuffing which is absolutely amazing and the thing everyone looks forward to the most!
  • My homemade Yorkshire puddings make our Christmas dinner!
  • Pigs in Blankets make my Christmas Dinner. I only ever make them at Christmas and I love them
  • My husband is such a good cook and puts so much effort into making it delicious. It really is the best. His roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings are heavenly!! All the family look forward to his Christmas Lunch.
  • All our family love roast potatoes cooked in goose fat, and also good gravy to serve with it😋
  • My Christmas dinner is the best as I make the most fantastic bread sauce which is the same recipe that my mum used to use :blush:
  • We always start our dinner with little joke gifts which are personalised.  This then gets everyone laughing and in good spirits.  I enjoy serving up and piling up our plates with our favourite veg, vegetarian dish, Yorkshire puds and just enjoying each others company. We have xmas crackers and normally all link arms and pull together! The kids love it
  • A little tip from Gary Rhodes I apply: pre-boil spuds, add to oven roast for preferred length of time, then turn heating up to 240 degrees for final 20-30mins to get the outsides crispy and insides fluffy.
  • For me the stuffing is the best part. My gran makes it and it's absolutely delicious! 
  • My roast is the best because we have turkey and pork with stuffing and apple sauce , mushy peas carrots and turnips sprouts and the best home made gravy ever
  • We always have the traditional turkey with all the trimmings and of course  Yorkshire puds. Our dinner is always the best because everyone gets involved and does their bit even the kids, it makes it a real family affair 
  • So what makes my Christmas dinner the best is the gravy! Yes the different meats and vegetable are always great but it’s the gravy that’s a show stopper for us. It’s hot, it’s tasty just what you want to finish off your dinner. My late amazing grandad showed me how to do it, so I always think of him when I’m cooking. I normally cook turkey and beef for Christmas Day so make up two separate gravy’s but with the same method. When I’ve seasoned my meat I add water and maybe top up a little more when checking meat half way through. When meats cooked  and rested I pour some or all of the juices into my gravy jug add some extra herbs and then gravy granules. This is the best way to do gravy and I’m waiting for the day that I taste one that’s just as good. This makes my dinner the best with great flavours complementing meat or vegetables.
  • We have turkey, stuffing, yorkshire puddings (controversial!), roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, vegetables, roasted parsnips, gravy and cranberry sauce. The company definitely makes our dinner the best as it's lovely gathering with the family and catching up after a morning spent opening gifts. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions