Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Share with Aunt Bessie’s what makes your Christmas dinner the best and why: £200 Amazon prize!

Replies

• Steam roast the turkey... Cuts the cooking time in half and the whole bird stays juicy and very tasty! 
  • I don't particularly like sprouts but roasted with garlic they are delicious! We now do this with christmas dinner and combined with the herby stuffing and golden roast potatoes, our meal is HEAVEN!
  • We add yorkshire puddings to ours along with all the trimming but what makes ours the best is my husbands special gravy
  • Home made Real Gravy is critical to a great xmas dinner, if you have bad gravy the xmas dinner is ruined. My families gravy recipe has been passed down and everyone loves it.
  • Christmas day lunch is our favourite meal of the day we love lots of roast potatoes and honey glazed parnips and yummy gravvy my little girl's favorite part are the Yorkshire puddings 
  • We always have a traditional turkey dinner and what makes it the best is the fact we spend it with the whole family, 15 of us in total! Given there's so many of us it's not often we can all get together at the same time and that's what makes it so special!
  • The amazing roast potatoes in goose fat! My nan makes them from scratch and they are amazing :)
  • It's made with love, attention and care, so i know it'll be super yummy!
  • My mum and me are vegetarian but she still cooks a turkey for the rest of the family - doing things for other people is what Christmas is about and that’s why our dinner is the best!
  • Everything with all the trimmings make my Christmas dinner the best! Plenty of everything for everyone and nothing goes to waste as we either eat it on Boxing Day or make a soup with the left overs!
  • Because I'll be extending the season of goodwill to all God's creatures by having a vegan Christmas meal
  • I love having steak pie for Xmas dinner
  • Aunt Bessies Yorkies make dinner the best
    They are tasty, light & beat the rest,
    Pigs in blankets, turkey, beef & Bessies roasties
    mean our dinner get a lot of toasties.
    Wine, and gravy to suit everyone's taste
    Sprouts, parsnips, carrots, broccoli demolished, no waste!
    (And after a huge dinner no waist either lol. )
  • goose fat roast potatoes
  • Yorkshire puddings - I can eat as many as I want guilt free! 
  • My husband's secret recipe roast potatoes with honey roast parsnips made the dinner, it has to be Paxo stuffing as it is my daughter's favourite
  • My local farm shop do cranberry and turkey sausage meat which just makes the best Christmas dinner ever!
  • Roasties are done in goose fat so they are extra crispy, homemade stuffing with sausage meat and loads of pigs in blankets!! :)
  • full selection of roasties and a fantastic gravy
  • Because everything is cooked fresh and is home-made. We don't overfill our plates, so we can do it all again on Boxing Day - it also makes sure there is enough space for Christmas pudding!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions