Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell Gourmet Nature’s Creations all about your cat and what they mean to you: £200 Amazon prize

1235»

Replies

• Here are our 2 cats Klaus and Laura. They are brother and sister and have been very close since they were kittens. They are 5 years old and have given us so many laughs and good times. Klaus and Laura are part of our family and have grown with our 2 young children who love them as much as we do. 
  • I have 4 cats:
    Morticia - she's around 20 years old now, she came to me as a rescue. She was taken from her mum too soon and never learnt how to retract her claws. Despite being the oldest of my cats she loves to play, she loves to hunt and she loves to sit on my lap and have cwtches

Leo - short for LeoCat - he's 14 and he's a bengal cross - another rescue he has lots of behaviour issues and food aggression. He's the biggest of my cats weighing a whopping 11kgs! And he loves being cuddled - and playing with water and taps and we have to be careful to keep the plugs out of any sinks as he will turn taps on to play with the water

Houdini - also known as dena - she's also 14 and another rescue who is part feral. She's very vocal and loves to shout at you. She will come t me for cuddles but hisses at everyone else

Finally Ladycat - the smallest (weighing just 2kgs) and youngest of my cats (5yrs). Another rescue she has special needs and a condition called Cerebellar hypoplasia which means shes a bit wobbly on her legs and struggles with jumping. She loves to lay on my chest heart to heart and likes to sleep under the quilt in my bed with me.

My cats mean the world to me - they aren't just pets or animals they are members of my family, with their own unique personalities and quirks. 

• Meet Kevin. Named for The Undertones song 'My Perfect Cousin'. He's a brown Burmese who's hobbies include purring loudly when anyone's within sight, devouring cat sticks at break neck speed, intimidating the local feline population (he's almost 13, he should know better) and twisting us around his little toe. He's the Peter Pan of the cat world, hence his most used nickname of Kev-the-kitten.
    His tricks include offering a paw for treats, retrieving balls and destroying cat flaps. He's an 'all-purpose' cat, as happy playing with the hosepipe (see pic) as he is curled up on your lap. 

And Charley (Charlotte the Harlot - Iron Maiden) the Snow Bengal who's the chattiest cat we've ever known, her vocal range is incredible, from the loudest, ear splitting shrieks to the sweetest burbles and chirps. If she was human she'd be the stereotypical blonde bimbo, it would be hair extensions and high heels all the way, she's such a poser. She's also a thief, loves lasagna, muffins, bread - anything that's left out, she'll have it.  Her favourite place is inside my husband's jumper, whilst he's wearing it.
    Sadly we lost her last year but she still has the ability to make us smile.

The pair of them aged around 4 months after playing wall of death around the lounge. It's not nice living without Charley, she was a comic genius, but Kevin is such a gentleman, he now has twice the attention as we don't want to be in a position where we say 'I wish I'd done more'. Such a shame our pets don't live longer.
  • This is our beautiful Buckley cat. 
    Beautiful, bonkers & incredibly affectionate. 
     Caught here mid-miaow which looks hilarious - perfect for Halloween!! 

Buckley was my baby before my actual baby came along - but 7 years after the birth of my son - she has finally gotten used to the extra noise in the house! I love cats & always have, but Buckley is a really special one. A great reminder every day to take 5 minutes to sit down & just be. Cats are great for encouraging us to exercise mindfulness, we could learn a lot from them! 
     My son loves her to bits as I do & he is definitely calmer when she enters the room.. mainly because he has learnt she will leg it when he starts leaping about like a mad thing!
  • He is a lovey cat! <3
  • I have 3 wonderful cats. But, my first Cat, Molly, has a special place in my heart. 3 years ago, i was planning my wedding. Stressful time but also so very fun. Then, another little surprise! I was pregnant!!! I was overjoyed, crying with happiness, planning baby clothes shopping, picking out names. Could not wait!!! I had to buy a new wedding dress though to fit over my baby bump. But that simply was not meant to be. I woke up in agony. My little baby was growing in my fallopian tubes and i had to get help to release my angel. I was so depressed. I stayed in bed all day everyday. Didnt speak to anyone. Not even my husband to be. Barely spoke to my children. Was a dark time for me. Then my other half comes home with the most beautiful, ginger cat i have ever seen. She lay down next to me like she knew i was hurting. Our bond grows stronger everyday. She helped me cope. She made me feel again. I know shes only a cat, but shes my cat, and she saved me. Shes still very clingy to me today. I love her so much and she is so protective over me and my children. So, Thats my story. Hope i didn't bore you all.
  • I was adopted by a neighbour's Bengal cat as she worked in London and Terra wanted a comfy home and love. The lady moved to London, thenTerra disappeared. I missed her so much I bought Shabti, my mink snow lynx Bengal kitten. My partner became very ill and died three months later. Then Lockdown. Life was difficult. People said I'd bought the wrong cat, as Bengals are active, but they were wrong. Shabti has become intelligent fiesty and very loving. She's just given birth to four beautiful kittens, marble seal Bengals now four days old. She's so proud she purrs constantly and I have lots of face pats and head bonks from her to show her love. On my son's recommendation, I've been feeding her three sachets of Purina Perle fish with gravy a day which she wolf's down. Can't get enough. She also loves Purina biscuits and ate them throughout her pregnancy. Best cat in the world.

• Hi everyone, we have just launched a product test for Gourmet Nature's Creations cat food HERE. Please click through and complete the survey to take part. 
  • Entered ☺️. This is Leia! She’s looking forward to potentially trying some yummy food! Despite her size, she literally eats anything! 

• We just adopted our 4th cat. There are so many cats that need rescue and we adopted 3 cats from Cats Protection a number of years ago but Salem's story is the saddest. He was rescued by High Hopes Dog Rescue, he was found in a plastic bag on the side of the road in Romania and flown to the UK for re-homing. We are so lucky to have been accepted as his new forever home, despite all he's been through he's a wonderful friendly, happy and brave boy. Who forgets to put his tongue away after a bath 😂
  • Our cats are amazing over lockdown they have kept us all amused especially our 14 year old daughter they have helped with school work, given her creative projects making them tanks and just generally been so supportive to her. Unfortunately we lost our fluffy 4 year old cat to sadle thrombus in September it really left a huge gap and we miss him dreadfully. I have attached some pictures hope you like the picture of the cat tanks 
  • My cat, Roly, was 21 when he died recently.  We had owned him since birth after his mother adopted us and then had kittens, of which we kept Roly and one of his brothers.  He was such a placid boy, letting my daughter carry him around like a baby when she was small, and as he got older he became more and more affectionate, and would spend hours sitting on my knee, demanding to be constantly groomed or stroked.  He was also a very vocal cat, once winning a bonus prize at the school pet show for being the noisiest pet there!  We miss him so much.
  • I’d love to try your new products on my beautiful ball of fluff - Belle :) 
  • edited Oct 27, 2020 9:52PM
    George ‘the cat that’s not our cat’ Adopted us two years ago. He’d been visiting our garden for a few years and when his family moved he refused to go with them. We tracked them down via Facebook and they came to take him home. But he kept coming back! After a few days back and forth we agreed we’d take him in! We now communicate his antics with his first family and keep them updated. 
  • Just signed up, our cat Albus would love to give them a try! 
  • Wb01Wb01 New
    edited Oct 27, 2020 11:28PM

Cheeky twins Kyla and Kyon - unbelievably sassy and very fussy.
    Brought a new love into our home last Christmas. No special story here, but they completed our little family and we were very grateful to have them through lockdown although they have definitely dented the purse strings with our new found friendship with the emergency vets (cheeky buggers getting themselves into all sorts of dramas). They are now expecting a little baby brother human. 
    They’re on royal canin paediatric mix. Excited for them to try a new brand! X
  • I have 7 cats, all of whom I adore for their various personality traits - they're all very affectionate with me but my little semi-feral girl won't entertain anyone else, whereas Wiz is of the opinion that he was put on earth to change the mind of all and any cat-haters.  They give me so much unconditional love and watching them play indoors and hunt so patiently outdoors gives me a lot of pleasure. This is a photo of Eve in her Easter Bonnet, with Babs admiring her from behind.

• Thanks you all for your amazing posts/entries - and lovely pics!

We're going to close this thread now. And we'll come back soon to announce the winner.
  • Hi everyone, thank you all again, for your beautiful pics and stories about your beloved feline friends. We're just posting to let you know the winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @mpsandy - congratulations! We will be in touch for how to claim your prize.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions