Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell Aunt Bessie’s all about your favourite roast dinner memory: £200 Amazon voucher prize!

1151617181921»

Replies

• Christmas many years ago, my mum, dad and mother in law , hubby, myself and our two children sitting round the Christmas dinner table, asked my dad if he wanted to try a prawn cocktail “ yes please , I’ll try a drink of it “ 🤪🤪 hehe even thirty years later makes me laugh. 
  • Christmas 2015... Christmas lunch with the in laws bill and ann and my mam and stepdad davey and eldert stepson dan and his american wife to be katie.my husband refused to eat the brussel sprouts as norm. Katie had never had real gravy..meat appropriate gravy, Turkey for the Turkey and beef for the beef davey and bill enjoyed the port a bit too much and both were scolded. Two naughty school boys and I smiled as I snuck them another nip or tow. They weren't both with us the following Christmas so what a special Christmas it was. And Dan and Katie got married and live in America now and our beautiful Charlotte grandaughter will be celebrating her first Christmas with us.  Albeit via zoom ...the circle of life as they say...were very luckyx
  • Last Christmas. It was the last roast dinner my mum ever made for me and the last roast that we all shared as family before she passed away. She was the absolute Queen of roast dinners and taught me all her tips and tricks. I hope that I am doing her proud!! 
  • My mother is the worse cook ever. Every Sunday she would cook a roast. Smoke billowing from the kitchen, which always gave you a sore throat and dry eyes. But what was dished up put you off Sundays. We always had cabbage. She never washed it properly. So you always had green fly in the gravy. Yep always used the cabbage water for her gravy. Thankfully we always had Aunt Bessie's clinging to the side of our plates, so never went hungry. At 12yrs old I took over the cooking. Then went on to train as a chef. 
  • Until last year I tried to do my own roasties at Christmas (my mum was a ‘start from scratch cook’ so I felt using frozen ones was cheating). With 24 people to feed I used Aunt Bessies for the first time. A revelation! They went down so well I’ve never looked back. So much less time consuming and I could spend more time with my family rather than being stuck in the kitchen hearing laughter but not being a part of the fun.
  • My mum and I always have Sunday dinner together and mostly it's a roast of some sort, which is something we missed during lockdown. This summer despite it being one of the hottest days of the year when she could finally come and visit again we tucked into a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings. Yum yum
  • Loved Sunday Dinners at Grandmas when I was a kid - everything done in the pressure cooker and always 4 or 5 varieties of veg as well as huge Yorkshire puddings and lashings of thick gravy - happy childhood memories 
  • Thank you all for entering this sponsored discussion and posting your roast dinner memories.

This sponsored discussion is now closed, so we're going to close this thread, but we will pop back shortly to post the name of the winner. 
  • Hi everyone, we're just posting to let you know the winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @marowley Congratulations! We will be in touch for how to claim your prize via email. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions