Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell Winalot all about your dog’s personality & what makes them so unique to you: £200 Amazon prize!

Replies

• Our Labrador Amy is very unique. For a big dog she is a bit of a wimp, she is petrified of small dogs. She has to walk up and down the stairs on the same side or will not move until she can. She will only eat her dentastick in the conservatory if she cannot get in there she will just carry it around until you let her in. This is her having a go at badminton.
  •  
    My girl Willow is a lurcher (we think she's a greyhound/Saluki cross), and we rescued her from the RSPCA last year. She was very skinny and nervous at first as she'd been mistreated, but she's come on in leaps and bounds, and now she's such a funny, happy dog! She loves nothing more than snaffling treats from the counter, having her funny five minutes around the living room and telling the neighbours' cats who is boss. She is unique because despite her horrible start to life, she's become the most beautiful, gentle and intelligent dog, and I can't imagine life without her anymore!

Also I love this photo of Willow in her coat - I always tell her she looks like the Queen at Balmoral when she wears it!
  • Skye is my daughter's dog but she spends as much time with us for various reasons.She is a huge St. Bernard that thinks she is a miniature dog when she wants to sit with me, but 8 stone of dog when on a walk. Skye is an excellent guard dog and would defend with her life, but a big slobbery softie with all the family which makes her unique to us as we always feel safe with her.
  • I have a nearly 9 year old Weimaraner called Freya. she is such a loyal, loving dog. She should be called velcro dog, as she never leaves my side. She is also fantastic with my Grandchildren. We love her to bits.

• My dog, Chester, loves our three cats, loves his walks and his dinner. He barks at the neighbours dogs, and any animals that come on the TV!
  • Having a puppy and a baby, it's so adorabable seeing them together. They're so cute, and when they snuggle, it brings me happy tears. I know they will become best friends growing up. I think our puppy is going to be very protective. 
  • This is our beautiful boy Barney, unfortunately we lost him during lockdown after he was stung by a bee.  He was the calmest, most loveable springer spaniel ever and everyone I knew adored him.  As a child I was frightened of dogs and my favourite thing was to watch a child come to my house who was frightened initially and introduce them slowly, let them feed him and 9/10 before they left they would be cuddled up to him, introducing him to their parents.  He was a beautiful animal that could read everyone's mood.  I miss him dearly but we are hoping to buy another dog this year and I hope he can live up to Barneys legacy!!

• We have a rescue dog named Misty, despite her being abused by her previous owner she is always so loving and trusting. She suffered with brain trauma in the past, it is very sad to see her health issues because of her past owners. 
  • Angel always makes us smile she is always happy to see us we also have two cats that she loves! She will walk up to them and try and play with them, they aren’t amused of course! Angel will also try and get into bed with us she goes right under the covers I think she thinks we can’t see her lol 
  • This is Stanley, our much loved Labradoodle. He is always full of fun, forever lively and adorably cute....especially when supervising what’s going on in the kitchen! I love him. 
  • Lucia is an unemployed working cocker spaniel, instead she spends her days, running, swimming and playing fetch and her evenings firmly glued to some-ones lap! She is a bit of a character and has been known to steal the odd tennis ball laying around on the beach and never knowingly misses out on following me to the kitchen!

• Our Max is a crazy Labrador who loves trying to eat socks. We have to keep them out of his reach and can’t even say the word without him going crazy. He loves stealing knives from the washing bowl and hiding them under his blanket, he’s even chewed through the cable to the fridge and avoided frying himself. Oh and if you ring the door bell he’ll run to the window and stand on his back legs to look out and then do a big fart and turn around and look at you like you did it! 
  • Pep my poodle is shy but so loyal she has been an enormous help during the pandemic  ,always happy and willing to please.    
  • Our little dog Barney has attitude!  He's a cross yorkie/pomeranian, small in size, but thinks he's a rottweiler!  No matter the size of dogs we meet on our morning walks, Barney woofs to show who is boss!  A real feisty little fella.  He loves his walks, and if we're a bit late going out, we get 'the stare!'  Then when we start getting ready, he charges round the sofa in excitement.  He does a dozen circuits before we leave the house.

At home he loves playing 'Bouncing Biscuits'.  We throw the ball for Barney to bring back, but he has to munch a biscuit between each throw!  Whatta dog!  

Barney is a totally unique little boy, and has brought so much happiness into our life - although small in size, his heart is as big as a lion.  
  • This is Willow, my two year old Cavapoo. She has completely changed me life for the better. Before I didn’t have a reason to get out of bed, but seeing her all excited to see my every morning brings me so much joy and love. Willow is also so very aware of my feelings and knows when I need a cuddle. 
  •  my dog Bob is a great companion and loves to go for walks on the beach. When we get home he likes to fall asleep on my lap. Love him to bits 

• This is Raffa, our lovely bearded collie, looking incredibly muddy after a long walk. Hes such a character and like most collies extremely intelligent. He really keeps us on our toes and loves chasing squirrels and birds (which we get plenty of in the garden). We have had him 2 years and could imagine life without him.
  • We have 2 dogs , our old lady pippa is 11 and a whippet but she still acts like a puppy and runs round crazy then our big girl Lzzy who is a borzoi. She is honestly the nicest dog ive ever had. she loves watching tv and playing fetch ..... as well as stealing things 
  • Oakley is 4 and a gentle giant. He helps me look after his hooman Dad who has Epilepsy and memory problems following a brain injury, and despite no training Oakley has even alerted me to his Dad having a seizure before. Because he is so amazing, when we found out his sister was having puppies we jumped at the chance to adopt another from this wonderful gene pool! Rowan joined us the minute he was old enough, and he actually turns one on Sunday. Rowan is every bit the crazy fun filled Springer puppy you’d expect, and he keeps everyone on their toes! I love my hooman sons, but my canine boys complete the family perfectly and I adore them too 🐾
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions