Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Winalot all about your dog’s personality & what makes them so unique to you: £200 Amazon prize!

Replies

• Options

This is Bruno our bouncy, nosy, ridiculous boxer.
    Bruno bounces everywhere. We take him for a walk...he bounces. We take him in the car to the grandparents house...he bounces. We try to have a zoom call...he bounces in the background.
    We call him a kangadog because he really thinks he's a kangaroo.
    This week, British Gas had to dig up our front garden to do some repair work. After relaying the turf they inspected it and said that they were sorry about the bald patches but they would re-seed it....we just laughed because the bald patches were nothing to do with their digging but had a lot to do with kangadog bouncing happily around the garden every day. 
    He's mad as a box of frogs but we love him so much.
  • Options
    My Belle is a rescue dog and has really bad separation anxiety.. mixed with being a compete lunatic who loves her zoomies and sleeping in her bobo.  She's bonkers but we love her!
  • Options
    Our dog has heaps of personality - too much sometimes!  He is going to be 6 in April, but is still very much in the puppy stage of his life!  He loves everyone and everything with a real thirst for life, whether it is going on walks, playing endless games of fetch or destroying his latest soft toy to get the squeaker out, life is never boring when he is around. 
  • Options
    My Father's health had taken a turn for the worse and what turned out to be 3 months before he died, he decided that he wanted another dog. The only puppies available were chocolate labradors. He got and immediately Sophie knew that he was ill, whilst she flung herself at everyone and everything, she was very gentle with Dad. She would gently walk across to him and sit on lap and nuzzle him; if she wasn't running around the house like a whirlwind she was sleeping on Dad. Her caring nature was quite remarkable for a little thing. Dad passed and Mum took it really, really badly. Sophie then took it upon herself to comfort my Mum, sitting at her feet, walking beside her, waiting at the bathroom door and creeping into her bedroom at night to sleep on her bed. Sophie is totally crazy when my Mum isn't around, running up and down the stairs, barking to play ball and jumping from one sofa to the next. When Mum is around, there is a complete transformation; calm, quiet, always by Mum and very protective. Sophie's nature is so loving and it's impossible not to love her. She made my Dad very happy before he died and now Sophie is truly Mum's dog [despite me buying her, paying her vet bills and buying her food!]
  • Options

We have a Jack Russell x Shih Tzu called Jac - he looks like an ewok lol. He loves other dogs and going for long walks. He lives with us and his 4 feline siblings so he really likes cats and doesn't understand why the cats we see on our walks hiss and run away from him. His most annoying habit is barking - he barks if a leaf blows across the road from our house. His favourite thing to do is roll in gross things - he loves to properly rub his neck and chin and head in anything he can find and then he gets very sad when we get home and I put him in the bath and clean him with doggy shampoo. He hates being groomed but he has long fur so has to be brushed every day and he goes to the groomers every 3 months for a proper tidy up
  • Options
    This is Nala, cavalier King Charles. She is just crazy amount other things. Her craziness stands out the most. Especially when she has a full belly of Winalot and is super happy and hyper.
  • Options
    This is Teddy, our adopted rescue dog.  Unfortunately he had a very sad, very neglected early life and was abused beyond imagination.  When he first moved in with us (we had initially agreed to foster him) he was a terrified little bundle.  He soon came out of his shell though and now is head of the household.  As you can see from a couple of the photographs poor Teddy was definitely the runt of the litter with his really rather large underbite.  Some people think he's snarling but we like to think that he's smiling because he has a lot to smile about now.  He is very protective of me and my family (and our house) but he is so loving and giving it is unbelievable to imagine how he can be so loving after all he has gone through.  He loves nothing more (well apart from food obviously lol) than having hugs and kisses and he is most happy when he is sitting on top of one of us.  He is so funny and intelligent.  He came into our lives as a foster dog and is now wholly ensconced as a permanent very bossy but very happy member of our family.  Everyone who meets him falls in love with him and I'm sure you will see why from the photos I've attached.

• Options

Our dog Monty is a very large English Springer Spaniel, he’s 5 years old and is such a character. His world revolves around food, he’ll do anything for a treat, he is always doing his best ‘sit’ and trying to give you his paw, forever hopeful. 

He is very gentle and calm, he has a very calming presence and is a wonderful companion when I’m feeling stressed. 

• Options
    I have a 4 year old labradoodle called Ozzy. He can be a bit boisterous at times, but he's started to calm down since he was a puppy. He's very loving towards people he knows, and loves a good scratch. He's one of those dogs that paws at you if you stop stroking him to get you to carry on! He's very clever as he taught himself how to open doors, so he's forever following me into the garden. I love him very much
  • Options
    Our 15-year old Jack Russell pebbles has such an amazing quirky character, she makes me laugh and smile everyday with her funny ways. She was the runt of the litter and was born on my foot, something I will never forget! Ever since she has been a bundle of energy and even in her old age and being profoundly deaf now, she still lights up the room for all of us. She is my constant shadow to the point where I trip over her multiple times a day! She loves to go into each of the children's bedrooms at night-time and roll around in the middle of the floor waking them up 😆 She is my best friend and I don't know what I would do without her.
  • Options
    My hairy hairless Chinese Crested Dog, Monty is my heart's ease and my shadow. He's full of fun and the joys of life but he knows how to be soulful too when I'm really sad or feeling poorly. Since my beloved husband died of Covid last May, Monty has scarcely left my side. He sleeps in bed with me and cuddles in so close to me. His excitement about little things like my going to feed my aviary birds is such a joy: he whirls in circles until I open the door, then he's straight in there, checking what the pigeons have been up to overnight. He refuses to be ignored - a paw pats my arm and big dark beseeching eyes gaze at me if I've been on the computer and ignoring him for too long. He gets a "proper" Chinese Crested clip 3 times a year, and has a crush on his groomer, he's always so pleased to see her! I don't think I'd have got through this past year without him. Here he is clipped and scruffy.  I love him both ways.
  • Options
    Our Cocker Spaniel Millie has such a crazy personality we first got her when we were struggling with TTC and she filled our lives with nothing but love and helped ease the pain of not being able to have a baby, She was our little fur baby and we did so many fun things with her. She is so cheeky, she loves to sleep as much me but also loves to run around in the countryside. She has the biggest floppiest ears and the longest flapping tongue. We love snow, socks, biscuits and sleeping on her back with her legs in the air. In 2019 life changed for Millie as we found out we were expecting a miracle baby and when baby arrived Millie was instantly the best big sister she used to sit and watch the moses basket then as that baby has turned into a rough and tumble toddler Millie is so gentle and will share her toys my daughter now throws the ball for Millie and they are so cute. I couldn't imagine life without her even if the house ends up covered in dog hair  :D She actually has winalot pouches every day the only meat we found that she tolerated after having such a sensitive stomach.

There is never a dull moment around with Millie. It will be her 4th Birthday next month and this wold be perfect for spoiling her as much as she deserves. 

• Options
    We have 2 Welsh borders collies Ted and Tess and they are mental. And hopefully there will be little Teds and Tesses this year
  • Options
    My Lola is so affectionate, playful and sweet! She’s great with people and other dogs thank goodness and has loads of friends 😂! We are so lucky to have her!

• Options
    My Dog Lennox always loves to have fun whatever the season lol !!!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    edited Mar 5, 2021 10:27AM
    Our German Shepherd, Max, is now nearly four years old and still behaves like a puppy.  He is like my furry shadow and follows me, and only me, absolutely everywhere.

He loves lying in the garden on a sunny day, but seems to have developed a dislike of birds.  Any birds that dare to fly over his garden get barked at and chased.

After the kids have gone to bed at night, he'll often jump on either me or my wife and lie on us for a cuddle.  However, he doesn't seem to be realise that 37kg of dog jumping on you for a fuss, whilst accidentally trampling on your man plums in the process, isn't always welcome!
  • Options
    edited Mar 5, 2021 1:20PM

We adopted our ex racer Greyhound Ria not so long ago. We already love her so much. She is sweet, adorable, soppy & very affectionate. She particularly loves long walks, zoomies around our garden, cuddles with the kids & knawing on Ostrich bones! 
  • Options
    My dog willow brings laughter and smiles, plus cuddles & excuses for getting out of the house / keeping fit, which in lockdown is a must!

• Options
    Our 2 fur babies help me with my mental health. They are the reason I get up in the morning and they are the reason I go out for a walk. Sprocket our jack russell terrier is 10 and he is a proper mummies boy Delilah our 6 year old beagle is a real cuddle monster. We lost our snow beagle Basil last August and it was a very difficult time for me but with the help of my husband and my 2 lovely furbabies I got through each day. Now we are hoping to get a dachshund puppy. Thanks
  • Options
    This is Penelope she is a Labradoodle. She is not quite right in the head ... a little nice but dim as you would say. She is the most loveable dog I have ever met. Strong physically but not mentally so we are glad we have her to look after and not a family who would never have understood her x
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions