Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell Winalot all about your dog’s personality & what makes them so unique to you: £200 Amazon prize!

Replies

• We have three dogs, lily and her daughter belle, jack-chi’s and Preston out chihuahua.

they all have unique characters.. lily is loud and always getting into something, belle is very timid but loves a ball to play with, and Preston love to play and chew on things.

what makes them similar is how much they love their human brothers and sisters. 
    Have so many photos of them lying with them when they’re asleep, and cheering them up when they’ve not been well or just wanted a cuddle. 
    They’re amazing member of the family 
  • My dogs Pixel and Bailey are really lovely, sensitive animals. They know when one of my children is upset and will go rest their head on their laps, but when everyone's happy, they are playful and fun-loving.  They truly are an integral part of our family.
  • Our puppette Spangle has had a tough year. She is 9 and suffers with arthritis which has caused a very deformed front leg. Last March her life was turned upside down when her lady owner was rushed into hospital and when ready to come home was not able to because her husband had been diagnosed with terminal cancer so her lady owner had to go into a care home due to covid restrictions. Then in September her male owner secumbed to cancer and died and spangle and their other dog polo were left alone in the owners house. Polo was able to be rehomed as she was young and fit but nobody wanted spangle because her health issues made her am expensive dog to keep. If she had been handed over to a dog charity she would have been unlikely to be rehomed due to her age and health. My partner and I knew the owners relatively well and we have decided that Spangle will live out her twilight years with us. Considering she has lost everything she loves in a year she is a fantastic dog and has handled the transition into our family so well she deserves every treat possible....while I am sure there are lots of deserving dogs on this thread we still think spangle is special.....for a dog so crippled with arthritis she still manages to bounce like Tigger when she is happy....and just lately we have seen a lot of bounce returning.

• My rescue dog GI Joe was originally from Gran Canaria. He was a street dog. Sadly one day some people caught him and decided to have some "fun" with him. He was hog tied up by his legs and then raped with a metal pole....when they finished their fun he was beaten with the same pole and thrown I to a rubbish compactor and left to die. Luckily before the compactor was used which would have crushed him to death his whimpers were heard and he was pulled out alive. The local press in Gran Canaria tried to find out who had done this but failed. He was rescued by a charity called Pet Pals GC and when we saw him we knew we had to give him a better life. He has been with us for nearly 2 years. He has some issues still as the head trauma has left his partially blind but considering how he was treated he could teach the world about forgiveness...he could have hated everyone and hold the world responsible but he doesn't....he is extremely loving....loves proper hugs and cuddles and is enjoying life in England with a sofa to call his own.
  • This is my beautiful dog Lily.  She has just a loving and caring personality and is unique to me because she can tell when i'm feeling down or unwell and then will not leave my side the entire day.  She also keeps me busy too as you can tell from some of the photos!

She is often seen carrying her 'baby' around which is just ADORABLE. I love her very :).  S
  • we have 6 dogs. but we have a special little Pomeranian. when he was a pup he smashed his front legs. we were told that one was that badly damaged that it may need to have been amputated. the vet was amazing and rebuilt our Pomeranian leg. then a few month later he saved my now husband's life. alfie kept licking a certain spot on on hubby's leg. it turned out her my husband had 3 blood clots where Alfie was licking. it was as if he was trying to make my husband's leg better
  • I have just got a cockapoo puppy and he is the most calmest and well behaved dog.He is absolutely gorgeous and it’s a perfect start to our family.I couldn’t ask for anything else and he just loves cuddles and attention ❤️
  • A little pup  walked into my life one day 

Looked around and said “ maybe I’ll stay ?” 

Then challenged “so what are you gonna do ? 

I grinned back and said “here ,I’ll show you ! 

So we played games that challenged his brain 

Spent 10 minutes every day to train 

Until he turned around and said “ I want more 

I grinned and winked and said “ sure “ 

We did ringcraft and then some shows 

Didn’t do bad as it goes 

We did good citizen , bronze , silver and gold

Then some trick training , a sight to behold !

The camera loved him as do I 

And so spending money with a sigh 

I invested in lights and backdrops and such 

To improve my skills for this dog I love so much 

Before I knew it I was learning new skills 

This dog gave me confidence , my life is fulfilled !

• Now our Fluke loves gates and fences - but prefers them shut so he can jump over them! If you leave them open he just sits and looks at the open space until you shut it and then he jumps 

• This is our 3 year old jackchi Norman. We have had him since he was a pup and he is such a character. Every night he waits for the village clock tower to ring its bell at 10pm and then jumps about all excited because that's his late night walk time and he knows its 10pm. He loves nothing more than warmth and sunshine and at bed time tugs at the duvet for me to lift it so he can bury himself behind my knees to go to sleep. He is so incredibly friendly and licks anyone that comes over (obviously not recently). 

Over Christmas I had covid quite badly and for more than 2 weeks he didn't leave my side and followed me everywhere. Even when it's was walk time with my husband he would wimper because he didn't want to leave me.

When we are eating he sits like a meerkat in the hope of being given something from our plates and his favourite toy is his stuffed squeaky burger. If you ask to go and find his burger he will bring it straight to you. 

He is the best addition to our family and we would be well and truly lost without his character lighting up the house. 🐶💜
  • My dog is so mischievous! If we leave him alone for too long by himself, he gets up to no good like tearing up our cushions or his bed.  But he's just so loveable and sweet natured that it's hard to stay mad at him for long! 
  • Hello.

Winalot would love you tell them all about your dog’s personality, and what makes them unique to you, and you could win a £200 Amazon voucher for telling them.

Winalot say We believe dogs are our everyday heroes, whether it's making us laugh, keeping us fit or being our favourite companion; they are all heroes to us. That’s why since 1927 we’ve been passionate about providing dogs up and down the country with hearty meals made with succulent meaty chunks and quality ingredients. It’s the food generations of our dogs have grown up with, and it’s the food for generations to come.

To be in with a chance of winning the £200 Amazon voucher, ❗️scroll to the text box at the bottom of this thread❗️, and tell Winalot all about your dog’s personality, and what makes them unique to you. If you wanted to share a picture of your dog too, Winalot would love that.

Everyone who posts and answers the question fully, will be entered into a prize draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher.

We'll keep this thread open until 24/03/21, and we'll announce the winner's name a few days later.

This discussion is sponsored by WinalotPlease note that comments and pictures you post here may be used by Winalot in future marketing and advertising material. See full Ts & Cs here

• We have an 18 month old Bull terrier called Zeus who happily lives with 9 cats! He's a total clown and likes to make friends with everyone and everything, including the vacuum cleaner. 

• Archie - Archie is our 8 year old lab X cocker. He has no features of the cocker, apart from the size, so he is essentially a mini lab! He is the most empathetic being I have ever known, and can detect the smallest change in tone in your voice from across the house. He will immediately come to comfort you and try to wipe any tears away with his nose. 

This caring trait in Archie has made him excellent at his part-time job as a therapy animal in a local primary school. He visits a classroom of children every week who just need a little bit of extra love and attention. 

We love Archie more than anything.

• MILLY is a little Yorkie rescued by Wood Green Animal Centre. She was handed into the centre in a cardboard box with her siblings, her mum and dad. She was covered in matted fur, faeces and urine. She was happy to interact with people, had a good sense of smell and so was a great candidate for the Medical Detection Dogs Charity. I got her when she was 18 months old and for me it was love at first sight, she bounded over to me, put her little wet nose on my leg and we bonded immediately. She has never left my side since. I am an unstable diabetic and experience high and low blood sugar levels, changing very quickly and without warnings. This meant that in the past it was too late for me to either get myself to safety when high and take insulin or to counteract low high sugar so I was collapsing a lot and sometimes even having seizures. I installed a doorbell in my son's room with the remote on my bedstead so that if I could only manage to press the button either before or after an episode my son could come through and help. Since having Milly that is now redundant and I can't explain the feeling of independence I had the day I pulled that damned doorbell of my bed. Little Milly alerts to both high and low blood sugar levels and at a faster and earlier time than my continuous blood monitor which means I have plenty of time to either administer insulin, take a high glucose food or get myself to safety. During the day Milly will alert me by pawing at me or jumping up at my leg whilst during the night she will lick my face. If my blood sugar is low then it is a great excuse for a midnight snack! She loves her work, getting extra praise and treats whenever she alerts, accompanying me everywhere knowing she is loved and safe. And I can face any circumstances knowing that she is beside me keeping me safe and sound. I can now attend events, go to the gym, visit family and friends. These things I had given up becoming depressed, making excuses not to attend, worried about embarrassing myself or worrying those around me with their continuous "Had you done a test yet and are you sure you're okay?" Now if I start talking rubbish they know it is just me waffling on and I'm not going into an episode. Milly has changed my life, my way of thinking about dogs and my belief in all that they can do. I would never have had this normal life without her.

She is indeed a life saver! You could in fact say this little rescue dog and the Medical Detection Dogs have rescued me!

• i used to be terrified o dogs until i met bambi. on holiday this little one was thrown from a moving car and literally landed at my feet, i took her home intending to find. a vet the next day. he didnt give her much chance of surviving but almost 2 years later shes got a cleann bill of health and means the world to me. she never leaves my side.she is so funny with her noises she makes when she wants something she does this little scream ! when she wants to play she lets out a noise like a donkey its really so funny! shes such a small dog but has a massive personality shes such a diva who hates rain and getting her paws drity she constantly holds them out to be dried!
  •    Benjy is not my biological son, I adopted him, from a lady who, for health reasons, could no longer look after him. She had kept him longer than she should, because she could barely look after herself, but she just did not want to part with him. Although, I emailed and sent photos of Benjy, reassuring her that he was fine - he wasn't! He missed her terribly. One day, at the beach, he spotted a lady who looked like his Mam, and took off full pelt towards her. When he realised his mistake, he looked so forlorn - it seemed to take ages to get him in my arms. He was so disappointed. Over time, Benjy began to accept me, and now, it is as though, we have always been together. Just like my grandson, Benjy is ball games mad, loves sea swimming (paddling, really, but we call it swimming) and for a small dog, he enjoys long hikes (with his carry basket at the ready)! He enjoys full chicken dinners, and curling up on the sofa to sleep them off. He always wants to go into any pub we pass - but, he must get that from his other Mam, because it is not really my thing! Benjy is a blessing, and if his other Mam could see him, I think she would be happy at the home we have together. The photo is of one of my daughters, and the 'moppet' with her in our Beautiful Boy Benjy x
  •  This is Gemma & Bear they are besties and are such a joy! Last year they never left my side when I was ill twice with covid! They were great companions and got me though such a dark time in my life! They were so gentle as they love to jump about but they knew that I wasn’t well as they lay quiet! I love them both so much and it was great to get them down to the beach when I felt better as it’s our favourite place. 
  • We have a black Labrador who is 5 years old, when he came to us our youngest was only 8 weeks old. Cosmo is our world, he is there through every up and down in life and is a constant happiness in our home for the whole family. When our eldest was bitten by a friends dog he was terrified of dogs but Cosmo picked up on this and was very attentive around him making sure he was never too close or energetic, he always laid outside his bedroom door and slowly he helped our son adjust to dogs again. He is very protective of our boys and always walks with them when out and about. We love him dearly and he is truly a member of our family. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions