Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell H&M about when you’ve seen life through your child’s eyes – and stopped worrying: £200 voucher

Replies

• I’m a first time mum to a 6 month old boy. For me it’s when we have a bad night with sleep but he gives me his gorgeous smile in the morning and that just makes everything better. It does make me realise how lucky I am to have him in my life and takes away the stress of no sleep!
  • Watching my child enjoying every single moment that life offers her, amazes me every time.
    Silly little things like the pebble her dad found on the street and gave her the other day and she didn't stop talking about it like it was her most valuable possession. Or when she hugs me for no reason, just because she felt she wanted to. No matter how hectic my day has been, I instantly forget about it.
    Yes, parenting can be and is challenging  at times but these little moments are so worth it. 
  • My son has never been a baby who would snuggle into you when he sleeps or want cuddles. But now at 10months he snuggled me and went awwwwww 💖. 
  • My moment happened a few weeks ago, my nearly 3 year old son had been full of energy one day so I was exhausted having just had my little girl. I put her down in her Moses basket whilst I made her bottle and she started to scream. I came out of the kitchen to hear my son singing twinkle twinkle little star to her. It stopped me in my tracks and made me well up! It was wonderful to watch and made me so proud to be his mummy! 
  • February 2018 I was rushed to hospital as I have severe Chronic Asthma that is out of control and it was the first time I was away from my daughter also it was terrifying as we had been prepared that I may not make it home as I was on oxygen having nebulisers IV drip etc. Luckily after a week I was taken off oxygen and then allowed to go out of the ward but only if I used a wheelchair so my partner pushed and out daughter sat on my lap so I took a video as my partner pushed a little faster and our non verbal daughter Ariana-Joy was laughing so much it had us laughing and it was the first time in over a week I truly felt happy. Every year that video shows on my memories and melts my heart our daughter is almost 6 now and has started to use singular words (not sentences) but just a few weeks ago she said I love you mummy for the first time and it melted my heart so much. I now have a second child a little boy and he is always full of smiles. Both my children melt my heart and take away my worries. I am blessed to have such amazing children who both have autism and every little step forward makes me so proud.
  • I'm a chronically ill mum. I'm housebound and need a lot of help to look after my toddler. My mum and my husband do a lot. I feel a tremendous amount of guilt about not being able to do "normal" mum things. 

The other day my husband was setting up stuff to do painting with her and she toddled up to me and said "Mummy, go rest". And I took that to mean: me and daddy are going to do some painting together right now and it would be a good idea for you to have your rest now. It's probably just that I usually go do that while they paint. But it made me realise I may have a different role to many mum's but she doesn't need me to be the one sole carer 24/7. She is absolutely fine with having one on one time with Daddy and Granny. And it's important that I look after myself so I can make the most of the energy I do have to spare with her. She knows I'm better at cuddles on the sofa than adventures outside and she's absolutely fine with that. I need to let the guilt go and just enjoy our time together and make the most of my resting time apart from her.
  • I was about to tell my daughter off for getting all her noodles on her fork all at once. I stopped myself when I saw the joy in her eyes at the idea of eating a gigantic fork full of noodles. She wasn’t harming anyone, and sometimes it’s worth picking your battles and embracing the fun in the moment x
  • It's so strange that this question would come up today, I have been hybrid working since 2018 after having my beautiful boy and then with the pandemic. He's started preschool now which means odd days I don't have anyone to watch him. This morning I was totally overwhelmed, he kept asking me to play and I kept saying let me just finish these emails and I realised in that moment that's all I keep saying. I took five minutes out and sat on the sofa crying, he came up, put my head in his hands, dried my tears and said "it's ok, I will sit with you and help you and then you can play". In that moment I realised together we could accomplish anything, he saw me upset and wanted to help. A 3 year old helped me to prioritize, we sat together I gave him a spare keyboard and he pretended to type away next to me. We got in a little phonics practice by finding the letters while I typed my emails and within an hour I had done enough to give me an hour of playtime with him. And that is how we have spent today, side by side, helping each other. No drama. No more tears. No tanrums. 
  • A week after my son was born my daughter started to talk, she had been in speech therapy and was very behind for her age, but when she told me the sun woke her up and now she’s grumpy, it was absolutely amazing, she chats away non stop now, was a very special moment for me. 
  • My five year old was in the back of the car while I was driving and he said “It’s great isn’t it mummy.” “What’s that?” I replied. He just looked out the window and said “Life.” It made me smile and I thought to myself, do you know what, you’re absolutely right!
  • Trying to wean my baby and he had been refusing all day and me getting sad about it as my milk supply is dipping and he isn’t gaining weight, finally tried his mashed avocado - looked like he was going to choke and he did but then gave me the biggest giggle and smile possible - made it all worth it ❤️
  • When telling them to eat cabbage.
  • I was having that typical adult stressed day, and my little boy had been painting when he knocked over the water. My little boy then started laughing and rather than get frustrated that it’s another thing to deal with, I laughed too. It was only water and it made me realise that everything can be fixed and not to get caught up in the stresses of life but rather the laughs it has to offer
  • My child is only 9 months old but I am in absolute amazement at how quickly she is coming along. I constantly see so much joy through he eyes and I appreciate smaller joy than I did previously 
  • My daughter, 4, has tantrums (like any four year old) and we’ve always taught her to breathe when she is getting overwhelmed. When I’m getting stressed she will say to me ‘take a moment, take a breath, make a plan and try your best.’ I think they say it on Starbeam (a TV show on Netflix) and it makes me so proud that she knows this coping mechanism at such a young age. 
  • I was driving to work- late as usual and feeling really stressed. Then suddenly I noticed the sunlight flashing through the trees above and casting beautiful shafts of light on the road. I reminded myself to be in the moment and enjoy the beauty of nature.
  • The other day I was all stressed about work and sorting nurseries and general life and getting worried about it all so had planned a nice day out sorted picnic out tickets travel etc to take my mind off it all for a bit. But the wind had stopped it causing more stress about disappointing my children wasting money, food and time. My children then could then see I was anxious so they started to play up. I then stopped and thought. You know what lets have the picnic inside watch movies and play games. When i got them up to bed my middle child said to me "you make me so happy". Its definitely the small things and the time you give that they appreciate.
  • MoZorellaMoZorella Regular
    edited Feb 25, 2022 9:55PM
    My father died of cancer a couple of weeks ago. During the last month of his life I was able to spend as much time as possible with him which often meant leaving my 14 month old with my husband. Obviously this time was very stressful and heartbreakingly sad. My husband would send me little videos of our son which were the lightest relief and filled my heart. On the last day that dad was fully conscious, I lifted my little boy up to see him and he gave his grandad a huge smile and incredibly dad was able to smile back, it was amazing. 
  • We went through a really tough time as a family before Christmas, and despite my best efforts I started to get really overwhelmed and anxious. I dropped a drink on the floor, after spending just cleaning and immediately got frustrated /upset. My gorgeous little girl, then 19 months old can over and gave me a cuddle - said “okay mumma” and went to get her toy broom. It absolutely melted me, she is already so caring and kind, it made me realise how incredible lucky we are. X 
  • We recently moved into our newly renovated house with fresh plaster…which means fresh (non wipeable) paint. Last weekend I was busy cooking when I went and found our 3.5 year old had got hold of a bronze marker pen and drawn on the walls in the living room, about 30cm+ in length was the biggest scribble. I was so upset until I took a closer look and realised they were proper drawings - round heads, bodies, eyes, lips. Prior to this he had only drawn squiggles on paper. As I realised how amazing the pictures actually were I couldn’t keep a straight face and started laughing and admiring them. He told me it was a snowman (and I could see that it really did look like a snowman!). He was very chuffed with himself. We of course told him to go to his room which he surprisingly complied with straight away. His dad and I then stood for a few mins admiring the pictures…I still haven’t painted over it despite having the paint and roller at hand as I keep thinking it is such a lovely drawing and really does look like a snowman and a duck. Wondering if I should put a frame around it…but then I don’t want to encourage any more drawings on the walls!! Reminds me of a meme I saw recently: it’s ok if your house looks like your kids live there. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions