Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell H&M about when you’ve seen life through your child’s eyes – and stopped worrying: £200 voucher

Replies

• Just yesterday I was cooking dinner. I had about 5 pans on the go and washing up at the same time. I went to drain the pasta off and the pasta and veg fell somehow everywhere. All over the floor all over the units. Sauce everywhere pasta everywhere and veg everywhere. My daughter came running out and said mummy mummy are you okay? Did you hurt yourself? I replied no but look at dinner. And she said, mummy don't worry its only dinner. We don't need all that. Let's just have some toast 🤣 and thats what we did. She then even helped me clean it all up. I've just got the best daughter in the world. 
  • When I just watch my daughter play independently. How she finds the smallest things that we as adults wouldn’t notice or plays imagines her toys in a way we wouldn’t think to, I think that’s magical. Another thing is when I come home from work and I get the biggest smile and her running towards me for a big cuddle. 
  • As a busy working Mum it is so easy to get totally caught up in the stress of all the things that have to be done and to forget to enjoy the small things.  When I take my son for a walk and he stops to look in detail at a leaf, a bee, a flower etc.,  I see how he is entranced by the beauty and complexity of various life forms. It is all so new and exciting and amazing.  It makes me stop and take stock and remember that deadlines and a clean house are unimportant.
  • My daughter being presented with a pile of dressing up clothes and choosing the Spider-Man outfit! I love to see the joy in her face.
  • When my 4 yo daughter helps to look after her younger sister, and plays with her so nicely, it stops me from worrying so much and gives me a nice break! 
  • Watching them play doctors. Everything is healed with a kiss and a cuddle. Melts your heart
  • Yesterday at the park. I had been worried about his interaction with other children, but yesterday he played with the other kids, let them go on the slide first and waited his turn. He even went onto the roundabout for the first time as another child showed him how. I was so proud or him as he normally wants to be alone but it made me realise that he will get there in his own time, when he is ready. 
  • When we just go to the park and we get back in the car and he’s like “we had a great time at the park didn’t we mummy” 🥺 like, they don’t ask for
    much. Reminds me not to put pressure on to do lavish things because he’s just happy doing what we do!
  • Becoming a mature mother has not been easy. Bouncing back into shape takes longer. Feeling lonely in the day times as most are independent parents with elder children.
    I have been struggling getting my son to sleep at night times since he became 6mths plus. He is not like my Daughter or Grand-daughter. Things seemed so much easier 21yrs ago.
    I don't know why I just couldn't stop crying. I felt like a failure and questioned my decision in becoming a Mother of a new born. 
    I don't know but it's like my Son could understand Mummy was upset. He just crawled to me. Lifted his hands up, he looked in my face put both his hands on my cheeks and gave me a kiss. He then smiled which made me smile and when I smiled back he started giggling. 
    His laugh just warmed my heart and it was at that moment I stopped crying.
    His father works away so most times we are home alone which can be lonely. 
    I look forward to his smiles. When ever it gets a little frustrating I know his smiles will brighten my day. 
  • I'd had a stressful and upsetting day and needed a lie down.  My little ones sensed this and came up my room. My daughter had made me a toasted current tea cake ( my fav!)  with the help of Dad and my little one had brought me a picture of a rainbow which he had painted. He has a physical disability and painting is something he finds difficult but wow it was the most beautiful rainbow! After a comforting hug, my children told me they had also run me a bath and that they loved me to the moon and back again. Well it didnt half lift my mood. I felt so blessed.🤗
  • When my baby boy started appreciating the beautiful countryside while lay down in his pram. Taking it all in- the trees, clouds and sky. It made me think the work is his oyster and he is so appreciative of the small things 🦪 🥰
  • When my son wanted to stay in the bathroom when I needed to do number 2...He was curious and I urgently needed that bathroom. I had two options: 1) keep him out, let him scream and I rush everything or 2) let him in so he stays calm and I can still keep an eye out. I went for option 2 and now he is more prepared for his potty training. 
  • My newborn was recently weighed and had lost weight, I knew we were about to be admitted for the second time in 6 weeks. I was crying on the phone to my mum, my two year old seen my crying, and asked 
    "Mummy, why are you sad?"
    I replied, "Mummy is just worried about your sister and it is making me sad".
    My two year old cupped my cheeks in her hands and said, "Mummy, it's ok to be sad, I'm here for you. Would you like a cuddle?" 
    In that moment my heart burst with pride (and worry!) ❤️
  • My beautiful daughter just took her first step 
    When she first tried food
    First bath but now is better as she enjoys it
    Bonding time during breastfeeding, when she looks up at me with beautiful eyes
    When she let's out a little happy noise when I pick her up throughout the night
    The way she gets excited when she sees me 
    Learning new tricks like waving and clapping 
    Dressing her up in pretty clothes 
  • I saw my children just sitting in the middle of the living room playing lego together without a care in the world and it was beautifully reassuring
  • Quite often, especially when I'm stressed after work, I feel like an absolute failure as a parent, and secretly have a little cry because my children deserve a million times better! And then out of nowhere one of them will give me a big cuddle and tell me I'm the best mum in the world and I realise that to them I am and it makes all the worry disappear in an instant!! No greater feeling xxx
  • Watching them play with their dolls house. Life seems so easy, No problems . Just simple play. Washing, dusting, undressing and  putting dolls to bed. The innocence of childhood is so fantastic
  • With recent war Events I am actually pretty stressed and upset and yesterday was one of the worst days when my little one did not settle at all through entire day and even though she is only 4 months old this week she didn’t want to sleep during the day which made it even worse.. after all day of struggling in the evening when I was changing her nappy I started to talk to her and she laughed at loud for the first time!! This really melted my heart and made my day! 
  • My daughter was the only child who wasn't invited to a party and I was so worried for her that she would feel left out. She said to me It is ok mummy not everyone can like me but as long as I just be myself then i will have the best friends anyway. Made my heart smile 
  • Just watching my not so little girl run around through woods and fields, exploring everything, takes all my stress away because i'm purely focused on her joy and carelessness.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions