Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell H&M about when you’ve seen life through your child’s eyes – and stopped worrying: £200 voucher

Replies

• Options
    I love walking with my son in the woods, he has so much fun throwing sticks, splashing in the river, he’s totally in the moment, with not a care in the world. He has taught me to enjoy the moment I am in and not to worry as much h about what’s coming next. 
  • Options
    My 2.5 year old son (third child) has ASD and we are awaiting an assessment. For nearly a year I would sit with worry observing him. Once I finally accepted who he is and the immense joy he brings me, I now see how everyday is so different and he is learning things in his own unique way and also teaching me how to be calmer and worry less, find positivity in each day and to take each day as it comes! 
  • Options
    My daughters always manage to help me stop worrying, they put things in perspective like only a child can! For example, if I'm worrying about something at work, they'll say but you're not at work now so no point worrying about it, or if I'm worrying about something bigger going on in the world they'll point out all the good things there are too. Love my girls!
  • Options

I am a terrible worrier. My youngest wasn’t able to form words very well and his speech wasn’t developing, I was so concerned. He used to love Mr Tumble and Justin. One day he was in the room with my 4-year-old daughter and she was signing words to him and at 2 he was signing back. I just felt the anxiety melt away and realised we could find another way to communicate and it too my 4-year-old daughter to teach me to chill out.  

• Options
    When I had a very busy day of cooking for guest and my 3 year old Son told me to sit down as I looked tired and fed me chips which we both shared together. That put a huge smile On my face and gave me a warm feeling to know that he is aware and caring at his young age. :)
  • Options
    My poor daughter (7) fell ill on the first day of our Spanish holiday. She ended up in a Spanish hospital having an emergency appendectomy. I was a wreck! Even after the operation was over and had gone well I couldn’t keep it together. Seeing her stuck in a hotel bed listening to everyone else enjoying themselves outside had me crying. It was then I checked my phone messages though and found a message she’d sent from her iPad telling me not to worry and she was ok and she didn’t want me to be upset, with lots of kisses on the end. I realised that she was a lot tougher than I thought, much more than me. As a Mum I felt helpless with it all but kids are a lot more resilient and observant than you think.
  • Options
    When going out on walks, DS likes to stop, lie down on the grass and look at the clouds.  I have started to lie down next to him and now really enjoy these moments too. 
  • Options
    Dinner time can be a real struggle in my household as kids just refuse to eat whatever I cook. But one day my daughter just cleared all her plate without a word and then said, you see, mummy, I ate it all so I can grow strong for my swimming lessons. That was my happy day. 
  • Options
    My daughter is 6 so I've had a lot of moments where she just amazes me with how thoughtful she can be and how caring she is.

The standout one at the moment is from a few days ago. I'm 39 weeks pregnant, suffering with spd, icp, insomnia just to name a few. I was having a really emotional moment where everything seemed to hit me all at once. She gave me the biggest cuddle and said that we only have until Sunday and then she'll be a big sister! It really made me smile, but I was still emotional about everything so I went to bed early. 

An hour later she shouts, come on daddy let's see mummy, and she'd brought me a soft toy rabbit to help me feel better and also offered her brand new narwhal toy she got that day as it makes her happy it'll make me happy. Then kissed me goodnight. 

She's so kind and amazing and I feel truly blessed that she's mine. She really put things into perspective that day and I'm so proud of her. 

• Options
    The joy on my daughters face when presented with a large bag of empty kitchen paper towel rolls/holders by Granny. The hours of joy we had building things out of them reminded me that sometime the simplest things bring the most joy.
  • Options
    When my daughter asked to dress up as me for a school dress up as your hero day - made me well up!
  • Options
    Coming home after a really bad day at work to find my little one running to greet me at the front door with a big smile on her face and holding a half eaten pancake.  Saying to me, mummy me and daddy made this for you and I ate all the chocolate bits.  
  • Options
    World book day, when have to dress up, made me realise how fast time goes, how deep my love is, and you seem glimpses of youself in them.....
  • Options
    My two year old is autistic and non verbal and he doesn’t always know how to communicate how he is feeling or how to read how others are feeling but he always seems to know when I’m upset or stressed out. He’s always there to give me a cuddle when I need it and I instantly feel better 🥰
  • Options
    Definitely when my little girl said I love you Mama- it was such a precious moment. 
  • Options
    During one holiday, we visited an adventure park and my son wanted to go on the huge slide which came down from the top of a tree house. I didn't want him to go up there on his own so I took him up. Now I am afraid of heights and once up there I started to shake a little but couldn't turn back. My son was so excited so I put my brave face on and down we went together. Wow, we both had so much fun, I felt like a child again! We went on the slide again and everything else at the park after that.
  • Options
    During lockdown sitting out in the garden watching my twins running round laughing, cuddling, smiling, just being children. They knew nothing of the scary things that were happening in the world. However scared I was they were my reassurance and reason to keep motivated every day 
  • Options
    Last summer my daughter pottered around the garden pulling up flowers, my immediate reaction was anger as she knew not to do it 😩 when she came over and presented them to me for being the best mummy in the world I could forgive her for anything 
  • Options
    When he would wake up every morning and give me the most brightest of smiles.
  • Options
    Yesterday when I looked out of the window and thought to myself not more rain. My son ran in and said mummy look it's raining can we go wellington walking in the puddles.  The look of sheer joy and happiness on his face was truly inspiring. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions