Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell HP Instant Ink things you wished would happen automatically to make life easier? £200 prize!

Replies

• My life would be much easier if my dog could babysit. Like you know Nanna from Peter pan? I mean on that level. Wash clothes, get the kids dressed...

We currently have one of the HP subscriptions and honestly it's causing more arguments than a little here. We print a decent amount at home because I have a (very) small craft side hustle so I'm always doing business cards, price lists, flyers etc. We had to get something with a bit more punch to do what I need it to do, also didn't want my husband using my refillable ink on my expense, so we got the HP.

Nice stubby little printer (deskjet 3750) that sits on the end of the desk taking up minimal room. While the printer somewhat manages itself, you're constantly conscious of how many sheets you're printing before it orders more ink. Over the last 3 months he hasn't used it at all, went to use it and the ink has dried up. There's also a few times where I've gone to print an address label off and it loads the paper, prints a couple of lines and then spits it out like it's completed the job and takes off a whole page worth of printing on the account.

Typical quality is fine for every day printing, but it's lacks colour depth and detail that my Epson manages with ease. Photos on HP glossy paper seem washed out, for example. Currently its 99p for 10 pages a month, with an extra 10 pages at £1. However, it just feels like we're having to watch what we're doing all the time because on some months we do print less, but if you've got a homework project or something it can easily end up costing a fair bit if you aren't expecting to go over your limit usually. 

Working in IT, we have often commented on how it's cheaper to buy a brand new printer every time instead of changing the cartridge. "Back int day" you could pay out £50+ for a set of of black and colour cartridges for a lexmark, where you could pick up a new all in one for about £30.

This HP subscription works very well, if you use it frequently, and negates the waste incurred by buying a new printer all the time.

My husband continues to fight HP's corner with it, however I'm not a fan! 
  • edited Feb 7, 2023 9:51AM
    I wish I had a magic elf that washed, dried, folded and put away all the clothes! It takes so much time I wish I could snap my fingers and it was done! Especially with 2 kids who love getting messy lol 
  • I wish all the washing was done- clothes ironed/ folded and put away! 
  • I wish the washing would automatically sort itself out and put itself away. 😂
  • I wish my youngest would sleep all night in his own bed, me with better sleep means all the other jobs I wish would automatically do themselves I have energy for.
  • I’d love a homemade meal chef who would provide tasty food for my 11 month old, as we’re on purées.
  • I wish the fridge would automatically restock itself and meals were prepared and ready to serve/heat up, thinking about meals, prepping and cooking then is exhausting! 😆
  • I wish my 4 yo could get dressed automatically. 
    I wish the cooking would be done automatically. 
    I wish that if I wrote what shopping was needed on the list on the fridge it would automatically appear every time I opened the fridge. 

I wish every time I wanted to visit somewhere I would automatically be transported there. This would mean I could take my kids to see their gran in Scotland without planning months in advance 
  • I wish the washing would hang itself up to dry and pack itself away. It’s honestly endless since having my son. I think I’ve got on top of it and then next day have a full basket. We’re also very limited on space so it looks like a launderette during winter months trying to find places for it to dry. Worst chore by far!
  • I wish that laundry washing and drying and folding could be done automatically. 
    It goes in the washing basket and then a few days later goes back into your wardrobe without lifting a finger. 

• I wish all of my housework would be done automatically 😂 would be a life saver 
  • I wish the laundry would do itself! The toddler has just had a sickness bug and I've had enough of washing bedding for a life time!
  • I wish the iron would set itself out, iron and then hang the clothes up instantly!! Sometimes I don’t know whether to iron it or harness up and climb it. 
  • I wish dinners were automatically made and cleaned up after. 2 year old is getting tidier but the mess is still a lot and it feels constant!
  • I wish that my kids would automatically feed themselves lunch and dinner without us having to constantly prompt them, or spoon feed them ourselves.
  • I would love it if toys & clothes to put them selves away. 😍
  • I wish clothes would put themselves away as that is one task that I hate doing and they seem to stay folded in piles forever 
  • I wish the hoovering and mopping would be done automatically 
  • I wish my house would tidy itself, or at least the washing up would magically do itself, it takes so long with so many of us in the house using what feels like every plate and cup at once! 

That way I could spend more time doing fun things with my children.
    I would dearly love to have more fun activity days with them, but I sometimes feel like my house/housework is the neediest child of all! 😫😭
  • I wish my newborn, toddler and pre-schooler would automatically fall asleep (and stay asleep) after our bedtime routine. Sleep training is not fun! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions