Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Winalot the sweetest or funniest thing your dog has done: £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs!

Replies

• Options
    We got our gorgeous puppy Layla is 2020 lockdown and since then she has made us laugh everyday as she thinks she is crossed with a Meercat, always surveying everything that is going in around her or when either myself or my husband walk away from her and she is in her Meercat pose until we get back. We just love her so much and am so grateful for her company
  • Options
    We are the proud (possibly stupid) owners of 2 Beagles, or should I say Beagle slaves. This is probably not the funniest story for our dog but it was funny for me! We were on a lovely walk in the Nottinghamshire countryside along one of our favourite walks when suddenly we noticed our Beagle Button sat, sad, with her paw in the air. As we approached her, we saw that she had torn one of her claws sideways causing her a large amount of pain :(, the funny part is that my husband then had to carry her a mile and a half back to the car after she and our other Beagle, Beau, had just rolled themselves in a huge pile of horse poo prior to the injury. Button was slightly on the chunkier side at that time! My husband was not impressed as he sat there exhausted, reeking of horse poo and about £300 worse off after the trip to the vets. Button however seemed quite impressed with herself alongside Beau. 
  • Options
    My Special Girl Flossie is a 5 Year Old Shih Tzu. The Sweetest thing she has done is being My Emotional Support Dog. She has been by my side since she was 8 Weeks Old providing me with love and support and easing my anxiety. She always manages to put a smile on my face. Her favourite things are Food, Treats, Walks, Cuddles and Her Frisbee! 
  • Options
    I have had type 1 diabetes from being 4. We had a cairn terrier called Noggin and he never barked at anyone except at me when I had a low blood sugar. He was so good at detecting the changes in my body he would bark before I even felt the symptoms myself. What was even sweeter is he always came sit at the door when ever I was in the bath. I felt like he was my little body guard 
  • Options
    We have a very cheeky little dog called Jenson. I fell down some stairs and sprained my ankle. It was very painful and ended in me limping around feeling sorry for myself. 
    The next day I let Jenson out for the toilet and noticed he had a funny walk on him, I called him in and asked him for his paw to which he yelped and cried. I panicked thinking what are the odds that we're both in the wars and quickly took him to the vets.
    The vet checked him over and he also did a little yelp when she checked him but to her surprise couldn't find anything to explain the pain. She suggested we do some xrays if it didn't clear up in a few days and sent us on our way, like a pair of injured soldiers.
    The limp didn't get any better the next day and as I was struggling walking him he stayed to my friends. I explained his limp and begged them to keep a close eye on him.
    However, my friend later rang me to say that miraculously his limp had disappeared and he was running around the garden with no care in the world! He got dropped off at home the next day but we noticed the limp started immediately as he walked through the door and saw me. I was panicking at this point thinking I'd ended up with a curse and rushed him to the vets again.
    The vet did all the usual checks on him and found no concern at all. She then smiled and said, let me check something and took Jenson to the back room. When she came back she explained that his limp had miraculously disappeared once he was out of my sight and explained this was something along the lines of a 'sympathy limp'! Because of my poorly ankle he had taken it upon himself to spread the burden and also join the bad ankle crew! She said it was more than likely his limp would disappear as mine did and sure enough it did! 
    I may have been out of pocket with vets fees but it really did make me smile, dogs really are our best friends... Even if they are fakers!!
  • Options
    My boy Morris is usually no gentle creature. He definitely has a good amount of wild instinct and prey drive. Once we noticed he'd been out of sight for a while and went to look for him. We saw him at the back out our garden by the fence, clearly interested in something. As we approached we saw that there was a baby deer stuck in the fencing. I'm ashamed to say we assumed the worst of Morris and ran over in the hope we might be able to save the deer from his clutches, but what we found warmed our hearts. Morris was gently laying by the deer licking its head. I know we can't really project our own emotions onto animals but it really did seem as though he was comforting another soul in need ❤️

• Options

Hello. 

Winalot would love you to tell them about the sweetest or funniest thing your dog has done, and you could win a £200 voucher for telling them. 

Winalot says, “We have been feeding dogs since way back in 1927: that’s almost 100 years of Winalot providing the dogs we love with all the vitamins and minerals they need to help keep them fit, healthy, full of energy and playing an active role at the heart of family life. We know that owning a dog isn’t just about having a pet; it’s about having another member of the family. And the responsibilities that come with caring for them – walking them, feeding them, training them, keeping them happy and healthy – bring teach us all valuable life lessons and bring us all extra happiness and joy.”

To be in with a chance of winning the £200 Amazon voucher, scroll to the text box at the bottom of this thread, and tell Winalot about the sweetest or funniest thing your dog has done.

Everyone who posts and answers the question fully, will be entered into a prize draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher.

We'll keep this thread open until 14/06/23 and we'll announce the winner's name a few days later.

This discussion is sponsored by Winalot. Any comments and pictures provided by you, may be used on the MadeForMums website, on its social channels, in its newsletters and/or other promotional activities. Please only take part in this Sponsored Discussion if you’re happy with this. Please read our terms and conditions for taking part. Any personal data you provide to us will always be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

Riley the Springer always waits until no one is looking, and then grabs hold the the nearest household item to him with his teeth, then just sits there chewing it. These items include wet wipes, bread rolls, Profiteroles,(On Christmas Day) and worse of all Play dough, which made him really ill and he had to go to the Vets. Here he is after having a swim in a local river and showing off his new hair style. No photo description available
  • Options
    Albear is my 10 month old French bulldog who my two young children love to play with. When my youngest used to get upset, Albear would grab one of his toys that she loves (a squeaky bone) and bring it over to her to try to cheer her up.
    photo from this morning with my eldest ❤️
  • Options
    Hi . Binx is our rescue who we have had since September 2022.He is a rottweiler x jack russel and is 3.He is the sweetest kindest most loving  boy..He loves children and other dogs .He is a great companion and  often makes me laugh so much.None more so than the first  day we brought him home..At about 7.30 looked everywhere ,started to panic thinking he had got out under the garden fence .After looking everywhere eventually found him .He had taken himself to bed.We missed it first time as he had put himself under the duvet,with just his nose on the pillow .It was dark so he had obviously decided it was bedtime.So sweet ..and he obviously felt at home.
  • Options
    My dog Leo gets so tired after a walk in the rain, he snuffles as he sleeps! It’s soo cute!
  • Options
    The sweetest thing my dog, Max, does is carry notes from me to my partner. I will say to Max 'take this to Pete' and give him a piece of paper and he runs and finds Pete.
  • Options
    my dog rescued a doll from a swimming pool as thought it was a real baby. Was super cute to watch then him and the doll required me to get in and rescue them both!
  • Options
    Our rescue dog Mischief had never had a bed. Shortly after getting him, Dad decided to upgrade his mattress and got rid of the memory foam topper - which was to become Mischief’s bed. Dad popped the topper in the living room while he sorted his new mattress out. And Mischief…. Destroyed it! He was tired afterwards and then realised what it was intended for! 
  • Options
    When we got our rescue dog from Cyprus she was only about 1 years old, very timid and shy, but adored being loved and cuddles. Anyway, she was just awed out by her own bed, blankets, toys etc. On the third or fourth day we could not find her food bowl anywhere, it had vanished. It turned out she liked to hide her favourite things under her blanket on her bed, seeing as she only used it in the day and slept with me at night. Wee soul lol. It can't of been comfy but she was obviously protecting what she liked. 
  • Options
    My dog Flossie was limping one day, and whining and I was really concerned. I picked her up to have a look at her and she had a tiny piece of sellotape stuck on her paw. Sooo dramatic!
  • Options
    Daisy remembers guests that have given her presents in the past and when they visit again, she fetches the toy they've given her - however it's very much only to show them, she never wants to play or let it go. It's *hers* now. It's very funny to watch!
  • Options
    This is Elsie, shes a 9yo old pugzu! She's very special to me, before I got her I spent 5 years house bound due to anxiety, since getting her she's opened up my world, we go hiking everywhere, rode on a bus, even started my own business, I go out, I enjoy life, all thanks to her! She comes everywhere she allowed to come, we also foster dogs, and she helps them settle and learn that things will be okay, often the dogs we take in have been abused or neglected, Elsie shows them they can trust us and other dogs and shows them all the love they need, don't get me wrong she's my world and she's a fab dog but she's also a tinker!!! barks are everything!! chases cars and bikes, eats anything she can get her face round!

• Options
    Our rescued ex-racing Greyhound, Martha, wasn’t able to come off of her lead as she would only run in one direction - away from you! 
    One day, we had decorators round who left the door open. She bolted straight out, and I attempted to chase her 😂. She ran the exact route of our walk to the moors, I couldn’t keep up and remembered that last time we did the walk, we’d stopped at the fish shop at the end. I drove down to the fish shop and there she was, begging for scraps outside the front door 😂
  • Options
    My cousin has a husky and he is my surrogate dog. In the summer he has a paddling pool to keep cool and on his birthday he sits in it with his party hat on.
  • Options
    Our rescue labrador Marley was 10 years old when we rehomed him. He previously had an elderly owner and didn’t get much exercise so was enormous and barely moved off the sofa. A lazy but perfect companion to my four boys. One night when we were all sleeping he jumped on our bed and started barking really loudly. We thought there was an intruder in the house. My husband ran downstairs and found my 3 year old son had let himself out of the front door sleepwalking at 3 am. I can’t begin to imagine what would have happened if Marley hadn’t raised the alarm and still get goosebumps thinking about it. 
    He was rewarded daily with all his favourite treats and lived his last days treated like a king. That dog was a true hero ❤️
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions