Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tantrums advice pls!

Hi

ds1 is almost 19 months old and is having a lot of tantrums, probably due to his age but also due to the new addition of ds2 who is 3 weeks old. he has many tantrums a day usually if i say "no" (i only say no if its something dangerous etc) or if i take something of him, he will scream and through himself back, often banging his head if i cant catch him in time. also he will bite things, usually a toy or something, thankfully not biten anyone yet but want to try to calm him down before he gets to the biting people stage! i usually ignore him if he has a tantrum or try to distract him, but obviously if he bangs his head i have to then comfort him and deal with the head injury (usually just a bump) is there any other way i should deal with the tantrums? they are getting worse since ds2 arrived, which is to be expected i suppose. i am trying to give him lots of praise and play with him as much as possible. any advice would be appreciated.

ashy x