Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HELP!!

My 2 year old throws the worst tantrums ive seen atleast from her and its only during nap and bed time no i dont just leave her alone and cry i cuddle her to bed so advice like letting her cry it out wont work for me its just not for me i could use some other ideals theres got to be more options

Replies

• Options

First thing to remember is that this is just a phae! It will end!

WE had the same thing with our 2 year old a few months ago - she went from gong straight to sleep to crying and crying. Nightmare. And we didn't leave her cry it out as she seemed too old for that.

We messed around with her nap times and found shortening her nap from 12.30 to no later than 1.45 menat she was tired at 7pm and went down much easier. So i reckon try looking at her nap times.

Also, have you tried singing songs together before bed? Reading stories? This tends to calm my little girl before bedtime.

But whatever happens, remember, this will pass! We're currently in a pahse of finding our little girl taking her pj top off every night!