Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

End of my tether

My children are horrible 6 and 8 currently 8 weeks pregnant, my 2 are constantly fighting and arguing nothing bothers them no consequences make a difference! Im starting to wonder if im insane to bring a baby into this warzone! Constant shouting and arguing, punching and kicking throwing things! At each other and me! My daughter pubched my son and gave him a nose bleed. One is gunna do the other some seious danage one of these days !

Wouldnt suprise me if they hit the baby!!!

My son dosnt care about abything and i mean nothing!! Dosnt clean his teeth or wash in the bath (he gets in and plays) tell him his teeth will fall out ' i dont care' hurting people i told him if he was older he would be arrested for hitting n go to prisob his answer ' i dont care'

Seriously do i have this baby?!? So stressed all the time it cabt be doing the baby any good!

Not looking for answers just needed to rant,

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Oh upsydaisy, sorry to hear your kids are giving you trouble. It can be SO hard this parenting malarky, can't it? You never know, the baby might make them change their ways. There's loads of time before the new baby comes to knock them into shape - I don't know how you do that (we all have our battles, me too!) but please do feel free to rant away - we've ALL been there, promise.

• I think the baby will just be something else for them to argue over! They are both upstairs atm screaming shouting fighting crying throwing things down the stairs! 😭😭

• think you really need to come down on them bath, start taking things away, not allowing them to watch tv, things  like that, remove favorite toys, earlier bed times, if you do this every single time they do something wrong and hold your ground then it should start to take effect.

alternatively try giving them some responsibilities that come with rewards. such as cleaning the table after dinner, watering plants in summer, emptying half the dishwasher each between them? when theyve completed these tasks some daily, some weekly, then they get a reward, either a few pounds to get sweets, a new dvd, a new game etc..

you just need to give them ground rules. have you found that since being pregnant youve let them get away with more?

• Not really. Im only 8+2 so havnt even told them yet although im itching too, i think they are prob gettibg under my skin so much coz im soooooo tired, working with kids all day then coming home to mine im exhausted. Thy are at their dads for the weekend so im looking forward to doing not a bloody lot!! 

my son is a completely different kid witout tablets/games consoles and behaves perfectly to earb it back then wheb he has it back sometimes after a week 10 days of good behaviour he turns back its like it turns his brain to mush (it prob does) its been taken again and he has been perfect, when i give it back it will be very limited use x