Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour

Holiday hell

Hi all, looking for some advice. We've just been on a Monday to Friday caravan holiday with our now 16 month old who is generally a great wee guy! Loves his food and playing Ect. Anyway, since Wednesday he's went off his food and drink and has become really grumbly with proper meltdowns if u offer him anything! Don't get me wrong, a biscuit or chocolate he will gladly eat but not a lot else. I've tried making his favourite stuff and giving him stuff I wouldn't normally dream of too and if he does eat any it's really minimal. 

He's also such a miserable looking kid now, we had him out at a farm and he moaned at poor donkeys. Didn't crack a smile at all and groaned when we tried to carry on with him. 

Were home tonight and his mood has perked a little, he's drank all his milky bottle but not ate much. His nappies all day have been dry but he peed at bath time. Is it possible he was home sick? Is this a 16 month stage? Does anyone have any experience or can offer any suggestions? I'm sure im worrying for nothing but my mum doesn't worry enough and my OH's mum worries too much so looking for some other advice. 

I should say on Tuesday he fell (he does this often) but when he landed he bit his tongue which was a first but he ate and drank fine on this day and his mouth looks fine now - i don't think it's related but possibly worth mentioning. 

thanks in advance x

Replies

• Hi, just read your post, and wondering do you think he might have a bladder infection? To have dry nappies all day, maybe he's holding in his pee and this is why he could be a little miserable? Maybe try and get a pee sample and take it to the gp? just a thought, and wishing your little boy better.

• If he isn't better by Monday ill defo do that. Thanks for replying. Doesn't look sore or anything else on his bottom but I guess he maybe wouldn't if it was a bladder infection. Will keep an eye on it