Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please help

Hi my son is 2years old he started nursery yesterday he went in fine but they asked all children to tidy up and he went mad. Today they asked me to leave him for a bit so I did . I rang u and asked how he was and they said he's very angry and he also scratched an adult I feel so bad! He's seem likes he angry all the time he has an older brother who is nearly 6 and they fight and argue all the time. I really don't know what to do or how to get him out of his angry behaviour. Any help would be very appreciated thanks 

Replies

• Hi Sam, i didn't want to read and run. 

Ok, this was his first day - not even his first week, so the nursery should surely expect some 'settling in time' for your son. And his behaviour really doesn't sound that out of the ordinary, so please, for your own sanity, don't panic just yet! It's still sooo early doors! 

If it seems he has a problem putting toys away, maybe something you can work on at home - put some toys away and maybe a little reward? Still when my daughter was 2 (she's 3 now) she's still a bloody nightmare to get to tidy up, so it's really not that unusual! 

Can your toddler speak/articulate what he wants? Cause i found my little girl would get really cross as she was trying to tell us what she wanted, but her language skills didn't develop til a few months ago, so she couldn't get across what she needed. Maybe that's why he's getting so angry. 

Please try not to worry too much - seems like normal toddler behaviour to me - they're not all perfect, and just need pointing in the right direction sometimes! 

• Watch super nanny on youtube

She has helped people with this sort of thing.