Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dealing with Change

Hello

My name is Skye and I am a mum to an 18 month old little girl Ava.

I was a single mum from the moment she was born through until 5 weeks ago where I met someone. At first Ava was doing great and interacted heaps with my new partner but the past two weeks have been horrible. I am a mess and I don't know what to do.

At the same time I met my partner I started full time work and Ava went into Full time child care. So I am aware alot has happened in the past 5 weeks to throw her out of routine enormously. But my question is: HOW DO I DEAL WITH IT?

The last two days all she does is cry, she won't come to me at pick up time from child care and clings to the carer. It makes me feel terrible and like she doesn't want to be with me  image

Does anyone have experience with this?

HELP! 

Replies

• I haven't dealt with exactly the same but I know it's hard. Lots of changes can be hard to start with, but just know from her reaction to being happy with the carers that's such a positive and reassuring thing for you that she's happy and settled while you're at work. The other stuff will come good. Maybe try reading or puzzles when you get home, for some one on one time? Try any distractions from the tears xx