Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour

What I hate about soft play areas

I'm new on here and you may not know, I've got 6 kids! DD1 born 2009, DD2 born 2011, DS1 born 2012, DS2 & DD3 (twins) born 2015 and DD4 born 2016. Due to the high amount of kids, I usually get annoyed and can't handle them all the time so we usually have to find some great places for these tots to play. One of these is soft play. We have not one but two local soft play areas. They have been to lots and always enjoy them. Not being rude, but there is always something to hate about these places. We were at Clowntown yesterday if you're not familiar with them it's a good sized indoor soft play centre. If you live near I'm sure you have heard of it. I take them there because their always happy with it. To be honest I'm not fond of it! Here are my reasons why.

😝1. This place is totally filthy.

As soon as you have sat down, you let your children go play. When you get home you realise your child's socks are dirty, and you have to change them.

😳2. Why are there big kids in the baby area?

Personally, I always try to keep my bigger ones (aged 7 and almost 6) out of the baby and toddler section. Your kids are saying "I can be in here" and "I say get out"! This area is not for you, sweetheart. I see this all the time, even with the oldest kids around and you're concerned about those poor little babies with broken limbs and toddlers who are unnoticed and knocked down.

😡3. Be nice.

My little boy is hitting another little boy. And the other way round. We all hate bullying and I hate to say "stop hurting the little boy or we are going home". 

😫4. Your kid is screaming their head off!

We all hate the sounds of our kids screaming the house down, now their doing it in public. 

😐5. Food is cheaply priced and unhealthy.

I sometimes order a bowl of chips for them to share. When I have a taste to approve it, they taste like McDonald's chips. That explains why they are so cheap.

😬6. Your kid doesn't want to leave.

A child's hope turns into a massive tantrum. Crying, screaming, shouting and tears. All from ONE child, and often gets passed onto your other kids.

Thank you so much for reading my post. I would also love to hear from you if you have any other things you don't like about soft plays to share. Good luck! 

Replies

• One day we were hanging out at the soft play my Toot was 18 months old and an older boy (about 5) pushed him over on purpose. He was in the toddler area and that big boy shouldn't have even been in there! He is now going in the big area which is even more dangerous for him as that's where the rest of the big kids are and I don't want him getting hurt! My son is turning 3 this month.

• YES! Especially the bigger kids ALWAYS in the baby area and no one telling them to move. 
    I also can't stand how they often have those ball sucking machines which never work!

And you know that within like a week of being in soft play, you child is going to come down with a cold or gooey eye!

• Luckily our local soft play has monitors who work full-time who get them out of the baby zone. My little girl was once crying and a member of staff came up to the big area where she was and brought her over to me.