Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

15 month old suddenly naughty!!

What has happened to my 15 month old lol! Suddenly he is being so naughty and sleep time is horrendous! I put him in his cot for naps and bedtime and he totally freaks out! Screaming the house down standing up every time i leave the room anyone else going through this??

Replies

• Yep.  My little girl has been doing this for a while now, she never slept through the night anyway but the hissy fits are worse now.  I’ve tried different approaches but the only thing that seems to have made a difference is to let her scream.  I make sure her nappy is dry and that she isn’t in pain or too hot/cold/thirsty/hungry then I tell her I love her and I’m close by then I let her get on with it. it feels cruel but I’m at my wits end. During the day she just ignores me if I tell her not to do something.  shes always worse when she is going through a developmental leap.  

• This is a common problem, especially as they get so attached to you (and start wanting to play all the time!) 

It can be a lot easier the more tired they are. And as Clockwork Bird pointed out, it can be more difficult when they are going through a developmental leap. Kill two birds with one stone and try to introduce new games and toys in the day time so that your little one is engaging and stimulated and using his brain when working with the toys. Not only is this good for his development but it should tire him out and make it easier on both of you at nap time! 

It's hard knowing what to get at any developmental stage but I found SOUZU a few years ago and swear by them. They're experienced with OFSTED and know which toys are perfect for kids of certain ages to aid their development. You can browse by age so it's super easy! https://souzu.co.uk/collections/shop-for-toys