Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

4 year who doesn’t listen

hi, I have 4 children. But I’m struggling with my 2nd, she’s 4 years old and she thinks she right all the time. And if she Doesn’t get her own way she screams, cries. Doesn’t matter if we are in the house or in public she’ll kick off. any suggestions 

thanks Pam 

Replies

• hi, I have 4 children. But I’m struggling with my 2nd, she’s 4 years old and she thinks she right all the time. And if she Doesn’t get her own way she screams, cries. Doesn’t matter if we are in the house or in public she’ll kick off. any suggestions 

thanks Pam 

My son whines a lot in public before but I don't remember him having tantrums at all. I don't know, maybe he's scared of me. Whenever I'm not happy with what he's doing, I shout at him or make him face the wall but that was before he turned 3 . Now, he listens. I just raise my voice a little bit and say things in a firm tone. Maybe it's just right to show them who the boss is. Honestly, I feel guilty shouting at him but I just don't want him to grow up making him feel like he can do whatever he wants. I want him to know that we (his parents) are in control.