Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Screaming at bedtime

My 18 month old screams the house down at bedtime. She just won't give in! It can take up to 2/3 hours some nights to get her off. Then she'll wake at 4..screaming again and that's her sleep done for the night. Sometimes she'll wake up in between too. You can see she's exhausted and not ready to get up but we just can't get her back off. Does anyone have any ideas on what may help. We've tried taking naps away, putting her to bed later. Even trying her in her sisters room. I just don't know what else to do image

Replies

• I have no answers as. Have two boys 4 & 6 that share. They have only just recently started to do this hence me looking on here for some advice. I am finding the smaller amount of attention I give at bedtime the better. But I’m saying that mine are just calling out for a drink, or tummy ache (which is hard to believe they way they are jumping in the bed two minutes before). 

• I am in the same boat at the moment ! Has been like this for 5 weeks now. At our wits end. Like you we've tried later bed time. Cutting down nap time.. earlier bed time ( incase he was over tired ) and nothing has worked..  really don't know what else to try! xxx