Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour

My 1 year old little girl. Please help.

So, I was drawn to this site from an article I googled about this. But some of the suggestions it gave was for older toddlers. My LO is barely a toddler at 12 months (1 year) and for the past week and a half she's suddenly gained this tantrum that she throws at bed. Because she can't talk, I will sometimes feed her another bottle but then she overfeeds and spits up (And if it isn't spit up then she will accept it just to dump it all over her bed). Her diaper is clean, and going in makes it worse. I do the Ferber method (Also known as The Controlled Crying method) and I've been doing it since my doctor told me to at 7 months. (She had bags under her eyes and never got sleep so that why my doctor said to).

She was a great sleeper. Now? She's tired and fussy and changing her naps won't do any good. She won't let me rock her and singing doesn't help. Only grabbing her from her crib will (I was so tired one night that I grabbed her from her crib and thought to myself: Well now what?)

The advice given on the article doesn't help because some I'm already doing and some she's too young for. (She can't walk or talk yet and still has issues not tripping when she's trying to crawl too fast.) Baths don't help and if I give her one every day then she gets a rash (my skin also does this so I guess she inherited it?) It's not too hot or cold. She has her nosie machine (heartbeat track)

Does anyone have any advice? (I've also given her teething stuff)

Replies

• Have you tried a bigger bed? She might be feeling a little bit cramped up.

My daughter was doing the same thing. As soon as I put her in a bigger bed she went back to sleeping great.

• I dont wanna sound rude but are you aware, that babies and toddlers are still the same, with the same mechanisms as 5000 years ago? 
    To a baby and toddler sleeping alone is terrifying because ages and ages ago if the child woke up and found it self alone it meant death. 
    So it is absolutely normal and makes sense that young kids sleep very badly on their own. 

And although you might not want to hear this, the way to her sleeping properly is not controlled crying, it's being in bed with you.