Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tantrum by a 2 and a half.

Me and my son have been to groups since he was 3 months old (he is now 2 and a half) and his behavior has been brilliant until recently.  He has started to get very attached with the trains at group and gets upset when another child gets one. I then go over and try and help him. He Will then tantrum but then I feel all the other parents eyes on me. When my son calms down, we then have a chat. He might then go over to another toy and start to take that too.  I do the exact same with telling him that's not nice and then we give it back to the other child and then he tantrums again. But I just feel like all the eyes are on me.  And I sometimes feel that people are looking at me to say something to him.  He can be such a good boy and at group he has been before all this. 

Please let me know if this is normal and am I doing everything right. 

Replies

• You can talk to him and discuss once he is calm down, at this age don't compare his attitude with other kids as it won't be a good feeling for him. Just explain him, how his behavior in groups should be and don't be too strict on these cases, let him be this is the age for kids to understand what they like and how. Every child is different so there should not be comparisons.