Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Jealousy and behaviour issues relating to Crying

I am in need of some advise regarding my three year old boy. I have been in touch with my local health visitor but they would unable to offer me any advise that I haven’t already taken so feel at a loss. 
My three year old goes to nursery five days a week and has done since her was 8 months old, he is fine when I drop him off very little tears. The issues are around when my partner Liam is home. Freddie my three year old will cry and become very anxious. Freddie talks about Liam endlessly to me and to everyone at nursery saying how Liams the best and how much he loves him but when Liam comes home Freddie will literally just cry, it’s like he is very jealous that he now has to share me. Me and Liam have tried every approach possible. He is a lot better when we go out on the weekends together but as soon as we are home the crying starts. If I go out of the room he cries. Some days are better than others. 
We have Liams 3 boys every other weekend and the crying doesn’t tend to happen as much when they are over as I think they are a distraction and Freddie loves playing with them. 
I feel that Freddie gets anxious easily, he doesn’t cope well with change in routine and needs a lot of reassurance. I feel that this isn’t separation anxiety as he is fine when I drop him off at nursery. 
Liam has been in his life longer than not, Freddie doesn’t see his biological dad he hasn’t been in his life since he was eight months old. The crying is putting a massive strain on mine and Liams relationship, it’s got to the point that Liam doesn’t want to come home as Freddie will give him these looks and just stair him out. I just don’t understand why Freddie is like this as Liam is so good with him, he’s not one to shout and tell him off he spends a lot of time to play with him and treats him like his own. 
I was going to contact my GP but wasn’t sure what they would be able to advise. 
I just feel drained as this has been going on for over a year or more now and it’s not getting any better. 
If you could offer any support I would really appreciate it.