Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Toddler Tantrums

Hi. I'm new to this site. Can somebody help? I've got 18 month boy/girl twins and my son has started taking tantrums already. It's driving me and his father mad. Every time he doesn't get his own way the tantrum begins. Can anyone give me some advice on how to deal with this as I feel like screaming!

Replies

• hiya. my dd is 20months and has just started having tantrums aswell, wen she hears the word no she throws herself on the floor and screams and there is just no reasoning with her. i do one of two things, either ignore her and leave the room so not to give her any attention what so ever, or if this doesnt work we have introduced the naughty step. HTH x
  • My little boy is 2 but started his tantrums about 6 months ago. The ignoring technique definitely did it for us as well as not giving in.... if you say no don't give in just to shut them up. Once he realised he was making this huge effort and it was getting him no-where he calmed down. Don't get me wrong he will still try it on but it's only now when he's tired or generally under the weather. Stick with it cos it can be hard but it's worth it.