Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour

Tantrums

I was just interested to know how many months (or years!) your child's tantrums lasted. My son started them just after turning 2 and still has them now - he is 2 and a half. Can't wait for him to go back to being that lovely little boy again.

Replies

• Oh I think they tantrums will last forever tbh lol!!
    Seriously, they will have phases, depends on their mood I suppose. My 14 month old is starting tantrums now, she wants everything!!!
  • My son is also in the early stages of tantrums and im trying not to think about whats to come. He is 16 months and we were in a shop today that had a huge display of balls and he went crazy when i told him he couldnt have one.

At least he understands what the word NO means and im pretty sure thats all im going to be saying for the next 17 years. lol
  • Oh dear poor you, my DD no'2 is still having them at 3yrs old...........mind you she has always been very hard work lol!!!

The only thing I do is have a reward chart for her, if she goes a hour without paddy wacking she gets a sticker etc..............sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt!!!

Her nursery tell me she has never had one at school ATALL!!! so it does make me wonder if she gets a little bored or frushtrated and so lets it out in the form of a paddy???

My other two never really had tantrums they just get a little stroppy and sulk(like their dad lol!!)

You are sooo not alone though babe, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • my 4 year old dd still has tantrums now! I think thats just girls for you tho! x x x