Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Holiday Evenings

Hi All,

Just wondered how you all manage on holiday in the evenings with your toddlers. We are due to go away with our 2 year old who is normally in bed for 7.30pm. Do you just take them out with you in the buggy and hope they go off to sleep?

Thanks

Replies

• Options

Hi Nicky,

I'm Lucy, and mum to 2 boys 9 and 6 and a 2 yr old littlegirl. We have just come back from 2 weeks in Menorca and like you, my kiddies are usually in bed for 7. But on holiday, anything goes.

My daughter would have a nap sometimes in the afternoon and she would eat before we went out so that if she fell asleep in her buggy then at least she would have already eaten. Sometimes she would be asleep in her buggy all night and other times she was awake,and happy to sit and draw or look at a book, and have some of our food. There were lots of people out with little ones.  I bought some new things to give her whilst we were out and that seemed to keep her occupied if she stayed awake.I Hope this has been some help 

Where are you off to? Hope you have a fab timeimage

• Options

Hi. My daughter Courtney is 2 years old and we have recently come back from holiday in Cornwall.

My daughter is usually in bed by 8pm but we do tend to be a bit more relaxed on bedtimes when on holidays. Normally she would have a couple of hours sleep when we got back from the beach, before we went out in the evenings. Or of the weather was not great we would have a relaxing day at the chalet and perhaps go swimming in the indoor pool she would always sleep after that!

We did take her pushchair with us the one evening hoping she would fall asleep but to be honest she saw all the other children playing and running about that she joined in with them and did not fall asleep. So after that we did not bother taking it.

We would normally be back at the chalet by 10pm and she would brush her teeth and go straight to bed. The change of routine did not seem to upset her much, and with in a couple of days of being home she was back into her normal routine.

Have a great holiday! image

• Options

Hi

We have always relaxed routines on holiday and just followed the children in when they are tired. See how it goes for the first few nights and you could probably then get into a routine, even if it is a much later one than normal

x