Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Jake is waking up around 5am and

my hubs goes in to see him.  If  jake gets up then hubs will go downstairs with him but jake has started crying his eyes out and wants mummy, says he doen't like daddy.  My hubs a bit upset by this too.  Think it's just a phase but i'm shattered at getting up plus not sleeping at night.  What do you think?  lol. xx

Replies

• Options

I no how you feel and im sure most of the others here do to.

Riley got into a habbit of waking a few times in the night and it wore me down but i lernt to cope with it as it went on for so long,we did finally get him into a sleep routine again but not before trying to stop him getting in our bed.

Not much i can suggest except keep up what your doing(as much as it makes you so tired) as im sure it will pan out soon enough.

Best of luck hun.

• Options
    hi marie, it is a phase, it will pass i hope!! I have to get up at around 5.30 with luka after being up in the night with him too, its a killer. as for hubs, tell him not to worry, i've spent nearly 3yrs with tate telling me he loves daddy best lol!!
  • Options

Are things any better now?  I've just put up my sleep tips so maybe have a look at that thread.  My son went through a phase of only wanting me which killed my husband.  He ended up all huffy and annoyed.  But now he only wants his dad.  It's all just a phase.

x

• Options
    I agree with the others, it is just a phase. But I understand it is very difficult though. Next time he cries for you, both you and your hub should put him back to sleep. Let him get used to having both of you there, and soon he would be attached to his daddy too. Hope that helps image
  • Options

One thing I've noticed is that whenever I'm away for a few days and Daddy's in charge, i come back and my son is really clingy with his dad - daddy has to do everything!  Then onceI'm back for awhile, it's me again.  So you could try leaving them on their own together for half a day while you go shopping or something... but maybe you already do that.

Also - they always want the person who they think they can get around.  So if you both say the same thing always, that should help.  And have you tried one of those clocks that shows night and day?  You can gradually adjust it later and later and give Jake a reward for not calling you until the clock says it's day time.  You can get them from www.babysleepshop.com.

x