Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

my son

Hi girls ...

i have to sons who i love dearly ..

i just have one problem my eldest 3 1/2 is getting out off hand on me and nogthing i do or say seems to work with him ..

he usualy hits his little brother ,takes things off him etc he has now started sticking his two fingers up at me when i correct him orr hit me or even worse screams the house down with the top off his lungs when i put him on the naughty step or corner like im killing him ...

is so embarssing...

he just refuses to listen ..

like today we brought the two biys out to the play center today and he went over and slapped at 7 or 8 year old he didnt no or the boy did not touch him across the face for nothing ...

like come on whats up with that....

his daddy got him to a side and gaave out to him and made him say sorry but it still had no0 affect on him as he came along and hit his little brother 15 mins after ..

help or advice please ..

Replies

• Hi Mamy

Im Emma mum to riley almost 4 and have foud his temper can get out of hand,im hoping its the threenager(past terrible 2's)and will grow out of it. He to ignores me at times but has sussed his dads buttons and knows how to get his back up so its me who has to sort it out.

I can only say keep up with the naughty step to show him naughty behaviour will not go un-noticed.

The others here will be able to help a little more as some have older kids with younger brothers/sisters.

Best of luck to you hun.

x

• Hi hon ....

its graet to here from you ins been ages ...

its me gracey here ....

thanks for the advice ..

• Hi ya long time no hear.

Well dispite the behaviour hope all is well with you all.

Riley's only got his temper and way with words since nusery as they do as they are told by the teachers and he expects to be able to tell us as parents when to be quiet which dont go down to well when you chatting or on the phone.

Like i say i am hoping its a phaze they pass through quick.lol. Nice to see you back.xx

• Hi hon ...

thank you very much ..

its nice to be back i got a new computer so im back for good now yeeee.

ive missed everyones chats and advice ....

i hope its just a faze for you to i no how your feeling hon ...

all is well here my boys are getting big eoin is 3 1/2 now and oisin is just gone 2 years still as good as gold that child never a word out off him ....

how are you all doing ????

last time i was talkin to you you had your brothers daughter living with you hows that all going ?????

luv grace xxx 

• hi I would say continue with the naughty step and be firm with him

Im Jenni by the way mam to Isabelle

• Hi Grace chick

maisy went through the same be firm and they do grow out of it

rachxxxx

• Sounds like a case of terrible two's but he is past that, i am not sure what to say - - but when they start to hit strangers that is not acceptable and you need to put a firm stop to it otherwise they will think its okay to do it and i can see you are trying really hard to get him to stop and hopefully he grows out of it soon
  • Hi girls ihave alittle boy called luke anything i tell him to do he want do but if my freind tells him to do it he will

• hi toria,

welcome to pp. im laura mum to jack 18mnths and lola 2mnths.

my little man ignores me alot and smiles as hes doing it but if my mum asks hes there all obidient!

Im currently ignoring the smug act when he ignores me or responds to someone else as i know hes waiting for a reaction, and make a huge fuss on the rare occasions im listened too so far i think hes coming round!

I hope luke realises mummy knows best, apparently toddlers get to a stage where there eager to please cant wait...good luck!