Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A fun day out

Hi,has anyone else been to Thomas land in Drayton manor?

I went yesterday and had a fab time and highly recommend it. It was expensive but for any Thomas the tank fans it is money well spent. Good zoo also,think I had more fun than the kids!!!!

Replies

• Ahh bless my little boy sees the ads on the tv but we live a very long way from it so he says we cant go there mummy its too far but we did take him to drussilas zoo near hastings and they have a thomas train ride and he loved it also a really good day out

we do hope to take him and his sister to drayton at some time in the next couple of years as i know he would love it

• That sounds good,wasn't sure how mine would react to a zoo-we have a great one in Chester literally 10mins away from us but very expensive,went to Drayton obviously for Thomas but as it had a zoo it would be good to see his reaction.

All went well til two leopards had a tiff!!!! tears for ages!-glad I was in drayton the trains soon cheered him up.

I hope you get to go,its expensive i thought but a friend of mine recently told me you can exchange tesco clubcard vouchers for entry fee,and that would save nearly 20 quid. Looks like I may get to go again!

• Thats really good to know as there will be the four of us having to pay to go in by the time we get there

drusillas is good but the thomas bit is only a two minute train ride which we had to go on 5 times during the visit and a small zoo good starter but drayton looks much more exciting with having lots of rides and more to do with thomas and friends im looking forward to it as much as the kids. lol

• Honestly you'll have a right laugh-word of warning-if you go on crazy bertie bus,do it before lunch!!!!!

I was quite queezy-kids fine,just me!!!!!

It was brill tho,get spending in tesco 6mth before you go,and hopefully you could get a couple of adults in for free.

• we went last bank holiday wkend and we booked our tickets online before we went so we save £7 on each ticket...£21 savings...if my math is right but our little one who didnt even have to pay for his ticket went on more than anyone else!hes only 14mths so i doubted he would get on much but because hes so tallhe was ok...the after math has ben expensive tho,thomas slippers thomas toy thomas hat....lovely day out tho and we took a picnic to save on money too.harvey loved it!i would defintley recommend it and the zoo was fab too

xx

• Hi Lara we took picnic too,was lovely we sat by spencers adventure playground!

Yeah gift shop was pricey but so much cute stuff,we got a rug for the boys room,wall stickers and a poster!! Should have seen my 2,they were dressed in Thomas keks,tops and the eldest had cap on too!!! All nanny bought stuff-my mum loves buying them clothes!

Our lil one went on a couple of rides he was 11mth!!!! He cried when the mini waltzers finished!!!!!