Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Problem crying

Hi, I have a 16 month old boy who has slept through the night from about 12 weeks which was brilliant.  However, we can never get through 1 night without him crying himself to sleep.  He has done this ever since we used the 'let them cry it out' method.  We were told by other forums, moms etc that after the initial few days it would stop but it never has!!!  We don't know what to do for the best really, although it obviousley doesn't do him any harm we just feel really bad about it every nightimage  Other than this he is a really happy placid little boy.

He also does this at nap times but not as much because he has a dummy then, which is the only time I let him have one.  He never has a dummy when in the car or pram either.

Any ideas really appreciated

Jen

Replies

• hiya hun,

sorry i cant give you a quick fix, my son was quick to sleep through also and then had some trouble settlling at the same age, we still have odd days here and there of it happening again, we go in and out every 5 mins then 10 then 15 now, and that works jack still has his dummy in bed now, id rather we lost the thing but he needs it so its not awful crying when we have these episodes. 

Only things that helped improve things were a projector light thing that he layed down and watched and it distraced him, now hes older he doesnt like the music so much as its a baby toy so weve got him a twilight bug for christmas, and he also has a go glow light that he can switch on himself if he needs it, and i give him a few different books each night. 

Hope that helps! xxx