Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

I've had enough of him not listening!!!

I need a rant this morning ladies!!

its not often I have to moan about Shea, he's always been such a loving gentle sweet boy who has always been very well behaved but since Christmas he's become a bloody nightmare!!

He will NOT listen to thing I tell him or ask him to do and he's becoming quite irritating!! I tell him he's not allowed to do something (its usually things like leap off the couch, stop pulling the cats hair, or stop climbing over me!!) and he just blatantly ignores me and carries on with a grin!! He answers back and then has a screaming fit at us saying "I said No mum go away"!! so he ends up going to the naughty corner doing this fake crying / whinging thing, he hten comes out says sorry and 5 minutes later it starts again!!!

he's also become a nightmare trying to get dressed or pj's on and runs away and hides from me usually saying "you can't get me mum"!!!

it sounds cute but I'm losing my patience with him!! He is now 39months and wonder how long this phase will last!! I'm beginning to feel some stronger discipline is needed as the naughty corner doesn't seem to be working anymore!! I have always said I won't smack but i've been close to it recently!!

sorry ladies, I needed that rant!! :evil:

Replies

• Rant away!!

Charlotte is 21 months & it drives me bonkers when I tell her no & she keeps doing it whilst laughing hysterically so I can imagine it must be even more infuriating when they can answer back.

Sorry no ideas on harsher discipline, I'm still working the kinks out of the naughty spot for Charlotte.
  • toby is very similar ignores me if i tell him not to do something quite often laughing at the same time or will shout i said no mummy.

am still using time out but could do with a few more ideas as he will sit on time out but when it comes to say sorry he laughs at the same time like its a big game.

i don't smack but daddy did smack his hand the other day. this did't work as toby just shouted that not hurt me and laughted