Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

how hard has this winter been to your lil ones?

hello guys just wondering how this winter has treated your little ones?

My almost two yr old (going on 82yr old-yes hes the victor meldrew of toddlerhood!) came down with a virus on xmas eve and was off for 2wks.then got another cold in january for a wk or so,followed by his swine flu vaccine which set off a wkend of moaning and sniffles (even when i clipped his nails he walked around crying like i'd chopped off his hands!) a wk later he had an ear infection "which should clear itself without the need of antibiotics miss hamilton" followed by 2wks later a chest infection and confirmation that "you did realise he was cutting his big boy teeth didnt you mummy?"

arrrggghhhh have yours had it this bad?! 

Replies

• Sorry to hear your little one's been hit so hard this winter.Lol at the Victor Meldrew,the picture I have in my head now.

Don't want to say it but mine have all been fairly well this year.Now I've said that however....

Hope this is the last of it for you and your little boy.My nearly two year old hates her nails cut,why do they do that,I've never missed and got a finger.We're teething too ATM,lots of dribbling,very attractive,frightful nappies,always a sign with Matilda,thankfully the last back ones though,she'll have a full set .

• hiya,

this winter is horrible to my kids. just bought her out yesterday, today she got fever. she is ok when we stay in, which we did last week and she is fine. she been sick since last yr early dec. on and off fever. dun really know what can we do. may be move out of the country for good?? to a hot place??

hope ur little one will get better.

• Hi Laraimage how are you???? Sorry to here LO been full of everything a child can pick up! Mine are pretty much the same,had worst cold ever before xmas-to find out it was swine fluimage ah well....then Jan dreaded sickness bug which gets us allimage

Horrible,had this last Jan tooimage Hope I build up some immunity soon!!!!!

Hope everything else well with you x Rach x