Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

only 4 teeth at 16 months?

my daughter has just turned 16 months and only has 4 teeth. she was 6 weeks early although im not sure this makes a difference.

she got her first one at a year.

its not affecting her eating i jsut wondered if its something i should be worrying about and if anyone else had any experience?

thanks xx

Replies

• hello

i think they dont worry about teeth until they are 2, when i think they are seen by the dentist to make sure there is nothing stopping them coming through?
  • My nephew is now 20 months and has 6 teeth and only had 4 up until last month so your not alone! I'm sure they'll come through soon and probably come quite quickly!

I wouldnt worry for now but if you are it might be worth talking to your health visitor just for reassurance.

xx
  • Hey,

We only had 4 up until a couple of weeks ago - they are now coming quite quick and we have 7 with another about to cut through

I wouldnt worry - just takes a bit longer for some xx
  • Hiya,

S got her first quite late too, about 11 months I think (I know i'm terrible that i've forgoten already), anyway after the first the next few came through fairly quickly. She got the top 4 and the bottom 2 with a couple of weeks, then got a couple of back ones top and bottom, and then no more for about 2 months now.

Like the others have said, its nothing to worry about yet. Someone once said to me that the longer they take to come through then the stronger they are, but that could be complete twaddle?