Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Toilet Troubles!!!

I'm daughter is 3 1/2 and has been dry since September 2009, but has recently started wetting herself saying she hasn't been able to get to the toilet in time. This never used to happen and the toilet hasn't moved!!!! It never happens at nursery either! Any advice would be great, thanks.

Replies

• has anything changed in her life to make her anxious, do you think?

Or maybe it happened once by accident, and now she's worried by it?

(Or is she wearing something that's tricky to get off in time?)

I guess being as 'matter of fact' as you can would be good, so she neither thinks it's a big deal or something that gets her special attention

And maybe when you're at home she could spend a while with no pants on (just been reading theoldwomanwholivesinashoe's advice on the potty training discussions...) to restore her confidence

Good luck!
  • Hi Sarah

Thanks for you're advice.  Nothing has changed and she's only having accidents at home!!!  It's not her clothes cos most of the time she's wearing a dress so only her knickers to take down.  I'm just ignoring it now and hasn't been as bad this week, fingers crossed, thanks again xx

• Hi,Becky.If it never happens at nursery,there's not likely to be a medical cause,which is a good thing.Apparently my niece did just what you describe at that age.No accidents at nursery,just at home.While some of it can be just getting so involved in their games they think I'll go in a minute,I'll go in a minute then it's too late,some of it was attention seeking.It didn't last very long though.

Sounds like things are better anyway now though so hope it stays that way.

• thank you, fingers crossed