Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Holiday abroad with toddler...help please!

Hiya

We are off with our 22 month year old next week and I am panicking in case I have forgotten to buy/put aside anything we need to take.

Just after your suggestions what I must not forget to take with me, or things you have taken that were a god send,

Thanks

Replies

• Baby snacks! I don't go anywhere without fruit drops or the Heinz biscotti. If you are flying it's a good idea to give your lo something to eat at take off.

Swim nappies or a washable swim nappy. We bought some in Italy last year and they were awful and hard!

SPF cover stick for nose and cheeks (if going somewhere hot). My son loves having an orange nose!

Mini first aid kit to include bite cream and funky plasters, my son has just started running and is forever falling over!

Hope this helps.

• my one majour tip,is check to see if your LO gets a proper meal,we took the twins to the seychelles last year and they was 20 months old and i did ask and they said yes and they came out with stage 1 jar food! we had to share all our meals with them, good job they was a few of us going,we would have been more than happy to pay for extra meals
  • We took out then 15 month old to the USA and Mexico last month and it went really well.

I agree with the comment about the meals, I was able to take a jar of toddler food on board the plane but I'm not sure all airlines would allow it.

Also a constant supply of snacks that take time to eat like raisins for the plane.

Other things it depends what kind of place you are staying in... I would take socket covers and other baby proofing things if you can, as many bed time things as you can fit it to make it feel like home, small travel cartons of toddler milk for when you are out in the evenings if your LO still has milk before bed, travel bibs that can be thrown away, mosquito spray, baby monitor if it will work where you're going,
  • I have done quite a bit of research on this as we will be taking our baby to Florida in December - there is a really useful site called floridababy with lots of tips etc. have a great timeimage