Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Chatting for a long time before going to sleep

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could offer and advice or has a similar thing with there LO.

My DS is 17 months and for the past couple of months has become very chatty before going to sleep both at bedtime and nap time. Seem tired when I put him to bed with a few yawns and eye rubs while im saying goodnight and putting him down. However then once I leave the room he starts chatting to himself very happily and rolling around his cot usually for between 1/2 hour to an hour!

I'm not really sure why it started ad he used to go to sleep quite easily. If we are out in the car / buggy at his nap time he will fall asleep easily. I know he's tired for sleep, but don't know why it takes him so long to get off to sleep!

Any ideas? X

Replies

• Hiya,

My ds 24 months has been doing the same for quite sometime,used to be out cold after his milk but now not a chance. its so cute and sometimes funny to listen to but annoying us aswell, as his bedtime is now getting later even tho we still put him down at 7.45 as we always have,some nites he will sing and chat away until 8.45 :roll:

At least he just then falls asleep then tho and they dont need us to get them to sleep. We have resorted to turning the monitor down low so we can actaully hear the telly :lol: