Forum home› Toddlers & older children› Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Double Buggy??

Wondering if someone can advise? I am due our second baby and when he/she comes, my wee boy will be 2.5 years old. Is it worth buying a double buggy and if so, what kind?

C xx

Replies

• Options
    i will be in exactly the same position, so will be watching this thread, hoping someone has been there, done that and bought the t-shirt!
  • Options
    Hi Shockedmummy, so glad to find someone in the same position. I was looking at doubles today and it's looking as if the tandem buggies would be best as the side by sides just look far too big to maneouvre in shops etc. I looked at the cosatto and mothercares own one. The cosatto was coming in at ??170, but not sure if that was with footmuffs and raincover, the mothercare one was ??155 and everything was included. Both were very light. We looked at the icandy, phil & ted and mini jogger but the prices were extortionate, especially after paying all the money for the first pram we still have lol. I was looking at second hand in these models but haven't found anything as cheap as the first 2

HTH

C xx
  • Options
    if you like the more expensive models have a look on ebay, theres a few of us on here that have got the icandys in great condition second hand for a couple of hundred

our first was 18 months when our second arrived so we didnt have a choice as he cant walk great distances, it really depends on how far he can walk, if he still naps and if you need it for safety reasons, ie stopping from wandering off etc, sometimes i use the sling and hold DS's hand but when he decides hes had enough which has happened a few times i have to try carry both which is not easy!
  • Options
    Hi piggypops

I had a look at the icandy but there was nowhere local on ebay that was selling second hand. My wee boy loves getting out and walking about but he also loves a wee nap so need it for that, although I'm guessing that he'll probably only use it for about 6 months - 1 year before he'll be too big for a buggy anyway.

C xx
  • Options
    My son will be 23 months when no2 arrives. We have an apple so if we get a dbl I'll just upgrade to the pear. I'm going to wait until a month before my EDD & then decide. I'm thinking I will get one as although DS can walk a decent distance, he is so slow & stops constantly. I can't see him speeding up that much in the next 5 months... Also, I remember when he was a newborn I wouldve gone insane if I couldnt just throw him in the pram & escape out the house. Thinking this is going to be even more true with 2! X
  • Options
    Hi Ruth

Yeah, my wee boy is the same, he's constantly stopping and you need to chase him around, can't see me being able to do that when I have a baby as well lol. Really didn't want to spend a great deal on a double so am looking for second hand anyway

C xx
  • Options
    I'm having these dilemas too. My dd will be nearly 23 months when number 2 arrives but she is already an absolute nightmare in the pushchair and wants to walk everywhere (but wonders off). She has also recently discovered how to escape from our Luna and today tried to get out of our mamas and papas trek stroller, so we're going to need something that will contain her! But she can't walk quite far enough and is very easily distracted so I think we will need one. I like the look of the baby jogger mini double, but haven't tried any yet.
  • Options
    The only thing I didn't like about the jogger was that it was a twin side by side and I prefer the tandem as I think it allows for more maneouvre. I did try it though and it was so light and easy to steer, so it's definitely a possibility since I've tried it now

C x
  • Options
    have you looked places like gumtree or netmums for second hand ones too?

there is a tandem jogger which was my second choice over the icandy
  • Options
    We're in a similar situation too as ds will be almost 2 when this baby arrives. I think we've decided to get the city mini jogger double as although ds loves to get out and walk I can't see him dropping his nap by April if I'm out for the day on my own with them and to walk into town or to the park is a fair walk and can't imagine him doing it- especially if we're in a rush. Something's. Going to end up being a waste or only used for a short time but will be a nightmare if can't get out easily, think we'll also get a buggy board for the bugaboo if I'm driving into town and popping round the shops also if we do get a holiday late next year or early 2013 we'll no doubt want a double so they can sleep in it if we're out late for dinner x
  • Options
    Hi piggypops

Yeah, I've tried both sites but nothing local. Will just need to look at what's on offer and take it from there

C x