Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight, height and Centiles

Hi

Would like to start a thread of those out there with 1 year old babies as interested to find out weights, heights and their Centiles of other 1 year olds.

My Liam is 14 months old.

He was born 6th Jan 2015. Weighing 8Ibs 6oz a week and 2 days overdue. Didn't know his height but was measured on 20/0115 and was 54cm so put his height in 75th Centile. His weight put him in 50th Centile. 

He lost some birthweight and by 1 month he was 8Ibs 11oz. From then he roughly put a Ib on or more every month up until he was 8 months. During those months he dropped down Centiles in weight putting him in 2nd Centile from 2 months. His height dropped down to 9th Centile from 2 months. He then followed those Centiles until 13 months he went down to 0.4th Centile weighing 16Ibs 12oz (7.600 kg) with height 72cm at 2nd Centile. At 12 months he did weigh 17Ibs 7oz so had lost a bit of weight. This was due to a tummy bug.

Ever since he was 8 months his weight has slowed dramatically and stayed in between 7kg - 8kg.

HV had no concerns but then I always seem to worry about it as compare him to other babies his age who are bigger than him.

He is very active, always on the go.

Please feel free to share and post pictures.

imageimageimage

Replies

• Options

At update on liams weight at 14 months. Is now over the 18Ibs mark under 8.5 kg. Think he must have had growth spurt due to the sudden jump in weight. He has gone back into his 2nd Centile for weight now. 

• Options

My daughter is 20 months and 9.5kg fully clothed 

• Options

Hi purple star. Thanks for replying. So what Centile she on?