Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2015 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

Thanks for the birthday ideas girls. Still undecided.  

As for another pregnancy, I had my coil removed the end of July because it didnt agree with me. We'll see what happens. But secretly I hope I get pregnant really quickly cause I don't know if I wait longer will I still want another 😁 lol. 

Happy birthday to all our babies. image

• Options

I hear you coco80, that age thing can creep up us! 

Oh frenchmum, we'll watch out for you in one of the other Due in birth clubs soon image

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about two very different threads we're talking about today.

The first is, if you have older children, how old were they when they were out of nappies and clean at night time? Please do come and tell us over on THIS THREAD.

The other question we're asking is, when you gave birth (or if you're soon to be) was your husband down the 'business end' or did you keep him firmly level with your head? Please do come and tell us on THIS THREAD here. 

Thank you! 

• Options

Hi everyone, we were wondering if you have toddlers/pre-schoolers, have they experienced night terrors? If so, won't you please come and tell us about it over on this new thread HERE. Thank you. 

• Options

Hey Ladies, 

Sorry I been so quiet been hectic few months with school holidays and my cat was hit by a car so been dealing with her aswell as having problems with the house. 

All the babies are looking so big now! lyras not even walking yet shes pulling herself up and probably could walk but she being lazy haha. 
    she turns 1 on the 16th so off shopping with my other daughter tomorrow to get all her present. 
    its gone way to fast I do want another one soon but have to wait till get stable home dont want a big age gap like there is with my girls but cant be helped :) 

image i think lyra still looks like a baby tho haha tho i think she still small cause of her lactose intolerance and her lack of hair for a girl 

• Options

Daytons not walking on his own (or even able to stand unaided) yet sfw... Im not worried yet... He'll get there! He is doing a lot more 'sofa surfing' the past couple weeks to get from 1 side of the room to another so he's getting there!

• Options

Hi SFW91, great to hear from you, but we're sorry to read about your cat. Don't worry about Lyra not walking - my second child didn't walk until she was 18 months old! Would you please pop us a PM over with your full name and address too?

Also, can anyone advise this newbie - she has a 1 year old who's playing sleep games with her... we reckon some of you might have some wise words! 

• Options

Done :)

• Options

Done xx and thank you yea im not worried just waiting haha just ordered some new food colouring and icing tools ready for friday to make lyras cake :) failing on what design to do tho xx

• Options

Hi all, hope everyone is well, I'm off to visit a nursery for Macie to go into, I'm dreading it, my friend Has had Macie for me whilst I've worked but she decided to go back to work herself so I've had no choice but to look at other options, I can't stop crying about it,'y partner and the others think I have gone loopy, I just don't think they understand how I feel about it, Macie had an amazing bond with my friend and I know my friend loves her to bits and they ain't going to love Macie like that, I'm going to be away from her for an extra hour everyday and I won't even start on the cost of it, I'm genuinely worried about it and I know Macie will probably love it, I think I don't want her too 😞

• Options

SFW91, have you tried looking at Pinterest? Just type in anything that springs to mind (Try number 1 smarties cake) and see what inspires you? 

Oh Vicky2008, sorry to read you're stressing about the nursery situation. There are some wonderful ones out there - you have to view lots of them, but truly, when you find the right one, Macie will hopefully have a key worker who loves her as much as your friend did. Sometimes it's the fear of the unknown that's the worst thing. Alternatively maybe a childminder might be a better option? 

• Options

I'm also baking this week for Wren. Last night I made some hedgehog and squirrel cookies, and tomorrow I'm doing a hedgehog chocolate cake! I've made it before but can almost guarantee it will go wrong tomorrow 😂 Definitely agree look on Pinterest SFW91. I've pinched all my ideas from there since having the kids. 

• Options

imageimage Thank you so much!!! Macie loves her book!

• Options

Oh hooray! The books are arriving! Thank you so much for sharing this piccy with us! 

• Options

Thanks for the book - Jude absolutely loves The Teletubbies xx

• Options

Birthday girl with her new noisy microphone and enjoying her cake!

ps happy birthday to Lyra today sfw91 :)

• Options

imageimage  Managed to finish the cake in time :) so happy it came out right, aww thank you Biffy hope Wren had a lovely day cant believe there 1 already! xxx

• Options

SFW91, that is the most INCREDIBLE cake! And a very happy first birthday to your girls! 

• Options

Happy birthday babies, 

SFW91 wow!!  Love the cake! We didn't do much,  I'm so ashamed just a candle and presents

imageimage

• Options

Dont be ashamed thats all we really did, I wanted to do something but when it came to what to do i had no idea what to do i mean what can you do thats fun for a 1 year old 

look at that smile! so cute!! xx